Software
Houzz Logo Print
moomah

What is the fridge model please?

14 years ago
Cool Dude - Kitchen · More Info

Comments (4)

  • PRO
    14 years ago
    it came from sears - think it was a kitchenaid. samsung makes a similar model...
  • 14 years ago
    Thank you. The reason I asked is because I'm looking for an attractive fridge that can be placed next to the wall oven although no fridge spec would actually state that and my cabinetmaker is very wary of making cabs for this appliance arrangement. This fridge-next-to oven placement is not so uncommon so it must not be a problem then.
  • PRO
    14 years ago
    there are indeed 2 issues with this type of application, and the question if this works for you lies partially in your personal way of living.
    First of all - there should be a spacer between the oven unit and the fridge - I allow at leats 1 1/4" there, and depending on the style of the kitchen sometimes up to 4 or 5", if I can make it look like a decorative post. The reason for this is that a convection oven, especially with a self clean function, can get hot, and the fridge has to work harder to compensate this for it's cooling mechanism, which, over the span of the appliance lifetime, could mean the fridge breaks down a bit sooner than usual.
    The second issues is in your personal life, as well as a matter of how the fridge door, and the oven front with the handle is designed. You should activate the 90 degree doorlock on the fridge door, so that it can't swing open and bump into the handle of the oven, which will create a dent in the fridge door. has happened to clients of mine despite the door locking mechanism - simply by means of exuberant teenagers who thrusts the fridge door open....
    other than that - I usually discuss this with clients, and let them make up their mind...
  • 14 years ago
    I'm looking to have a similar configuration in my kitchen remodel so I appreciate your advice. I am getting Kitchenaid appliance (looks like similar models as this picture). Can you let me know specifically what size cabinet the refrigerator and ovens are housed in (including spacers). Thanks so much! Also, I love the design and clean lines!
Sponsored
Custom Home Works
Average rating: 4.6 out of 5 stars10 Reviews
Franklin County's Award-Winning Design, Build and Remodeling Expert