Software
Houzz Logo Print
tishauna_molin

Window Treatment

14 years ago
I absolutely love the window treatment. What is on top of the curtains? is it a custome piece, or can I purchase it as is?
Traditional Kids · More Info

Comments (11)

  • 14 years ago
    Thank you do much. Your comment was a great help. I didn't even know what it was called. How would you suggest I hang it?
  • PRO
    14 years ago
    First of all make sure you measure right, and give yourself at least 6" on each side of the the window trim. The cornice should be able to cover the curtains. For hanging I would use L-brackets for any home improvement store. The L-bracket should be screwed to the cornice first and then you screw it into the wall. If you can find studs would be the best, they should be every 16" . Hope that helps!
  • 14 years ago
    You're amazing! Much thanks.
  • PRO
    14 years ago
    :) my pleasure
  • 14 years ago
    ADORABLE!!! Love this :)
  • PRO
    14 years ago
    Cornice board was a custom piece.
  • PRO
    14 years ago
    last modified: 14 years ago
    Love this Cornice…it's so whimsical! You could definitely use wall decals to accomplish a similar look. Another option would be a wall stencil but decals are definitely the easiest. I designed several & attached a few ideas using the "MyDesign Suite" on my Uppercase Living website: http://jeand.uppercaseliving.net
    You can design your own with hundreds of embellishments and over 50 colors to choose from! Cornice1: Total Expression Size: W: 29.92" H: 7.08" $30 Cornice2: Total Expression Size: W: 54.96" H: 12.52" $66 Cornice3: Total Expression Size: W: 57.12" H: 9.68" $52 Cornice 4: Total Expression Size: W: 105.01" H: 33.28" $146
  • 13 years ago
    Where can I find a cornice in this size?
  • PRO
    13 years ago
    Something like this would have to be custom made. My husband is a cabinetmaker and he said it would best to use somehting lightweight such as 1/4" plywood or luan. Depending on the size you may need to put supports (ribs/cleats) on the back side.
  • 11 years ago

    your husband is a genius!