Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sintha_asmara

Purple sofa - help needed

Sintha Asmara
9 years ago
Hi all!

I'm in need of your help. We bought this really nice sofa, which we thought was Bordeaux. Now it's more purple then Bordeaux and we are struggling how to make it fit with the rest. We like brown/white/beige and French style like maison riviera. Anyone any tips?

Comments (65)

• Sintha Asmara
    Original Author
    9 years ago
    Here you can see a little how "big" our living room is. It's together with a kitchen. It's tiny but has a lot of charm, and we will make It our own with all your great information :-)!
  • Sintha Asmara
    Original Author
    9 years ago
    We just moved - so we don't have all of our things yet and some we don't want to have anymore like the sofa table ;-)
  • Sintha Asmara
    Original Author
    9 years ago
    Would you suggest broken White or beige as a rug/carpet?
  • risris
    9 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago
    Hi Sintha - I agree, that looks like the only good place for the sofa to go. I would pull it a bit off each wall so it doesn't feel scrunched in the corner - perhaps centering the chaise section under the window. If you own this unit, I would invest in a full wall of custom curtains (I've thinking a hotel-style two-track system with sheers and drapes). With all those windows the walls could handle a rich color, too.

MIX · More Info

Luigi Rosselli Architects - Balcony Over Bronte · More Info

DUMBO Warehouse · More Info

My Houzz: Deby and Vivek · More Info

Small Space Living in Outport Community, Port Rexton · More Info

jamesthomas, LLC · More Info

Black and White · More Info
  • PRO
    Capel Rugs
    9 years ago
    What a lovely sofa! A cream or neutral colored rug could look great with the purple. Here are a few ideas from our collection, with many more on our profile:

Metro Retro Shag rug in Cream · More Info

Bowden Scallop rug in Parchment · More Info

Barrister rug in Oyster · More Info

Best of luck,

Capel Rugs
  • Sintha Asmara
    Original Author
    9 years ago
    Hey Capel Rugs

Those are lovely!
  • risris
    9 years ago
    Unless you have pets or small children, I'd go with the white rug. It will pop against the purple - I think the beige may read a little drab against the clear bold color.
  • risris
    9 years ago
    I do like Capel's picks, esp. the Barrister rug.
  • Sintha Asmara
    Original Author
    9 years ago
    No kids (yet) and no pets - I Would Also Think something like a broken White color
  • risris
    9 years ago
    My first thought was a Moroccan Beni Ourain rug as recently featured on the main page.

NW 13th Avenue Loft · More Info

https://www.houzz.com/magazine/10-reasons-to-try-a-moroccan-rug-stsetivw-vs~19241968
  • Sintha Asmara
    Original Author
    9 years ago
    Oh I love Them! Something like that Would fit perfectly!
  • risris
    9 years ago
    May I ask where you are located? You don't seem to be in the states.
  • decoenthusiaste
    9 years ago
    I like the gold and cream input. With so many cool products out there, maybe you can wrap your sofa's silver legs in gold contact paper or other temporary fix. Have ou considered floating the chaise 6" from the wall the sofa is on and letting it face the balcony and view? Would it still block the door? Maybe your dad could build a slim drop leaf dining table to fit behind it like a sofa table and be useful for dining too.
    My Houzz: Country-Chic Farmhouse in North Carolina · More Info

Traditional Entry · More Info

Living Room · More Info
  • Sintha Asmara
    Original Author
    9 years ago
    Thanks for your comment! Unfortunatly our Livingroom/kitchen is About, 30m2 if not less, so if we Would turn The sofa, it Will block our Way to The kitchen hihi.
    We are located In The center of Copenhagen In Denmark (Scandinavia).
  • Sintha Asmara
    Original Author
    9 years ago
    We have tried to puzzle a few ways, but nothing really fitted or was feeling "right". The previous owner had a corner sofa and I understand her choice hihi.
  • Sintha Asmara
    Original Author
    9 years ago
    I was thinking something like a light rug/carpet and a table inspired by Maison Riviera
  • bgfuqua
    9 years ago
    love your sofa
  • Sintha Asmara
    Original Author
    9 years ago
    Love the color combination! And The pillows Would be so nice Indeed!

Thank you!
  • janroze
    9 years ago
    Include a wicker table or desk chair, etc. Nearly every photo I have seen of this style has some.
  • janroze
    9 years ago
    I see a lot of driftwood finishes and heavy texture also. It seems that all the white silver and crystal demand something to help one relax in it.
  • PRO
    Elton Kadriu
    9 years ago
    You can do this
    http://colorschemedesigner.com/csd-3.5
    9 years ago
    I'm living with a man, I don't think he likes pink on the walls ;-). But yeah we just moved so we are able to make something nice of it :-)!
  • Sintha Asmara
    Original Author
    9 years ago
    Ps. we cannot put a lot in our living room, it's only 30-35m2 ;-)
  • PRO
    Suzanne Joyner
    9 years ago
    Just throwing some ideas out there.
  • risris
    9 years ago
    Reminded me of you.

Chaise 02161 · More Info
  • Sintha Asmara
    Original Author
    9 years ago
    Georgious! I bought some pillows and I'll hope soon a rug - I'll show it here - hope it's nice together
  • Sintha Asmara
    Original Author
    9 years ago
    Our new pillows. I only would like one more dark grey (it's in the nobs that color) hope you'll like it!
  • leelee
    9 years ago
    Pull the sofa away from the window about a foot if you have room on the right side.

Almost any color looks great with purple or aubergine as you should start calling it. Don't add any other purple--I mean aubergine. Go with some bright colors that would give contrast to the sofa.

These pillows can give you some inspiration. Don't be afraid to add color and stay away from drab--sorry but gray isn't very inspiring.
  • leelee
    9 years ago
    Add very large art over the aubergine sofa. Again, don't be afraid to go bold.
  • PRO
    Suzanne Joyner
    9 years ago
  • groveraxle
    9 years ago
    Gorgeous sofa. Don't forget the art.
  • PRO
    Suzanne Joyner
    9 years ago
    I think the painting by Klimt would look stunning with your sofa. I love combing silver and golds/ browns together.
  • PRO
    flair lighting
    9 years ago
    just going to say, to get a light rug with maybe some gray pattern. a floating white shelf behind with stacked layers of bk wh prints behind, and arc lamp for the corner. and a round glass top coffee table.
  • PRO
    Robin Garceau Interiors
    9 years ago
    I agree with the white rug...make it a large shag...add some acrylic pieces and warm it up with great textured wallpaper on the wall behind it...
  • Irene Morresey
    9 years ago
    Wow, some ideas
  • chuppi
    9 years ago
    Just adding black & white accessories with beautiful patterns like the little vase you have the window sill will make the sofa a hero & add visual interest to the room without overloading with colour
  • everdebz
    9 years ago
    Seen this one yet?
    Nourison Soho SOH03 5'3" x 7'4" Grey Area Rug 25407 · More Info
  • PRO
    Kerri Ann Thomas Interiors
    9 years ago
    Love it! Amp it up with greys and golds and more touches of different shades of purple and merlot. You don't have to be too exclusive about colours and tone but make sure the over all impression is grey, gold, purple and merlot. Go clean lined and throw a few quirky antique accessories. A modern floor lamp and perhaps an ornate antique. If you want to avoid clutter use a large piece of art work to add these elements.
  • Sintha Asmara
    Original Author
    9 years ago
    Thnx all for The tips!

We are going to have a look In The shops later. (Wooden coffee table and white/cream/broken white rug.

We have turned The puf (The part of The sofa where you Can put your feet on) at The other end of the sofa.

We don't like gold so much because we have silver accessories already and the table, chairs and sofa legs are also silver, so therefor we like to work with grey, brown and white around the sofa. We do want to paint the wall behind into a nice earth kind of color and then perhaps a painting with slightly yellow in it.

I'll keep you updated! Please keep commenting your ideas, it has been a big help.
  • Sintha Asmara
    Original Author
    9 years ago
    Oh and a big lamp!
  • PRO
    Suzanne Joyner
    9 years ago
    Mercury glass would look nice with your silver.
  • PRO
    Thos. Baker
    9 years ago
    Hi Sintha. Sounds like things are really taking shape! Here's a couple of ideas for lamps. Since your sofa is contemporary, a contemporary lamp would play an important role in pulling the style of the room together. Post a photo of your progress for us!

Christi, on behalf of Thos. Baker
  • everdebz
    9 years ago

Deleting old forgotten emails, and saw purple in the title - how's it going? :)

• PRO
    Timothy Rivers Interiors
    9 years ago

Go for a monochromatic "ish" palatte on the sofa.. Find accent fabrics that have the color of the sofa and the color you intended to have the sofa be.

I hope that clear as mud..Feel free to message me if needed.

I have a few blog posts that may help you out.

www.timothyriversinteriors.com/blog

• given_kelly
    7 years ago
    PLEASE !! I NEED HELP WITH FINDING THIS SOFA !! THE EXACT SAME SOFA AND THE EXACT SAME COLOR !!! I NEED THIS ASAP !!!
  • everdebz
    7 years ago

Not exact/ I searched quick on houzz / cococohome.com

Chesterfields · More Info

• everdebz
    7 years ago

1,099 / Easier color by a little to work with?

Basel Tight Back English Roll-Arm Sofas and Chairs · More Info

• PRO
    Monarch Sofas
    6 years ago

we made that fuchsia sofa. the customer provided the fabric as COM. clicking on the "visit store" link, should lead you to our website. i'm sorry, i just by chance found this thread now.

we are a family business, making quality custom furniture for over 40 years. your custom sofa or sectional will be made in los angeles, to any size, in any fabric or leather. below are a few examples of our work. we ship nationwide !

please CLICK HERE TO REQUEST A QUOTE . we can create the perfect piece for you.

xoxo eva @ MONARCHSOFAS.COM

***CLICK HERE TO VIEW HUNDREDS OF FINISHED CUSTOM SOFA SECTIONAL PROJECTS

KENZIE STYLE - Chesterfield Custom Sectional Sofas · More Info