Software
Houzz Logo Print
sthome1

Need dining room help!

11 years ago
Having a 7' trestle dining table made and need help to choose the stain colour. Should it be dark, light...should it be dark to go with the island or stand out on its own?
Also have an old sideboard buffet (in picture) which I could refinish or paint but what colour?!
What chairs would go with the dining table and stools for the island? I would like to mix styles rather than all the same. We would like to do a sitting area by the window with two comfy chairs that could be pulled up to the table when needed. This is our only dining space so want it to feel right for every day or special occasion. I know the space is looking bare so need to decorate more but want to keep from getting a busy look! Think the contrast between light floors and dark wood island is bothering me but not sure what it is...Is there something it is lacking or that I am missing? The space is all open to the great room not pictured here. It needs help to but one at a time!

Comments (7)