Software
Houzz Logo Print
lnewhall

Kitchen

11 years ago
Is it better to put granite on kitchen counters still or one of the new products like Caesarstone?
Is one color better instead of the little pebbled look? or veined look? (I don't like too busy.) And should the island be different? We're extending the kitchen out 2-ft. so the island will be wider and rounded at end with a couple of bar stools. We're remodeling our home and our kitchen is part of a great room. I want white cabinets. I do like the beige/brown glaze that they put on the cabinets and wipe off in the grooves. Should I do that to my white cabinets? Our walls will be Dunn Edwards 'Inside Passage' with 'Whisper White' baseboards and white crown molding.

We're traditional but want a nice, warm look. The living room will have dark stained bookcases & cabinets on each side of fireplace which will be beige travertine. Bar will have walnut stain too & a walnut stained cabinet across from the bar. (Bar will be smaller than pic. It's too big for the room.) Then the kitchen will have white cabinets. All three areas are part of a long Great Room.

Comment (1)