Software
Houzz Logo Print
lroc

teal dilema

14 years ago
Teal/blue/silver/whiteI love all these colors and have already got my headboard (see picture) but I can't find another color to go with it...they greys I've picked all throw to much blue and I really don't want to go with brown/cream/beige if i can help it. The teal behind the headboard is an accent wall. HELP PLEASE. I thinking that I may just have to go with other colors altogether instead of teal. Thanks

Comments (12)

  • PRO
    14 years ago
    From these photos, and I'm guessing the colors are not true to life, but from what I see, I like the darker color for all the walls; the lighter blue around the closet seems to be throwing it off. I know it's not exactly what you're asking, as you've just done the dark as an accent, but sometimes two colors make a room feel smaller as the eye can't just glide around the space. Maybe that lighter tone could live on the ceiling. But I have to say, it looks like you're doing a nice job here overall.
  • 14 years ago
    I agree, the wall with the closets doesn't work. It looks like a "powder blue" with a contemporary teal. You pillow case looks powder blue" as well. I would suggest white though I agree, too much white on that wall. Perhaps you could try a few shades lighter of the teal on the other walls. Good luck to you.
  • 14 years ago
    I have to agree, the colors in the picture do not seem to be agreeing, but it could just be the picture. What you need is a splash of complementary color, perhaps a floral or geometric pattern if you don't want it too feminine. Maybe a quilt and some throw pillows will do the trick.
  • 14 years ago
    Maybe add a bit of purple after you have corrected the colour scheme as per comments above?
  • 14 years ago
    I know you don't want brown/cream but consider a nice creamy cream to really make your teal pop. The blue family will make your teal less impactful which is not your goal since you did a single wall. Also as boring as white is, it can be gorgeous against a bright color like your teal and they will make one another pop. It doesn't look like you have crown moulding but your closet trim is white, maybe paint that wall teal too and the other walls white?
  • 14 years ago
    With the liberal presence of white in our trim, closet doors and bedding, I would be inclined to paint the entire room in the dark teal. Also consider adding yellow as an accent color to add vibrancy.
    Living Room Chic · More Info
  • 14 years ago
    The wall behind the bed cannot be that blue because it makes the headboard isapear. I would find a metalic silver paint for that wall and then tone down the teal for the rest of the walls. it would be a very sophisticated room.
  • 14 years ago
    I know this sounds crazy, but adding rustic reds to teal is very pretty. You can also add with the touches of red, black and linen designs on the walls and bed. We painted a room in a teal color and our living room. In the room, we painted all walls (including the base boards) teal We have the black and linen colored drapes and went with a linen with black toile bedspread and then accented here and there with reds. (throw pillow, added it in some flowers on the side table, a little bit on the walls). We had lots of compliments. In living room, we did the teal walls and base boards as well (this gives a longer look to the walls and since the base boards were painted a glossy white before, the teal, though the same exact color when painted, give a different look because of the painted glossy base boards. It looks like a shade lighter). On the windows we have reds and creams and red lampshades in the room. Very cozy!
  • 14 years ago
    I too have similar colors in my bedroom. I used a nice chocolate brown w splashes of orange. Breaks up the teal nicely. Hope this helps.
  • 14 years ago
    tipan, sounds nice. I like that color combo. I may try that too!
  • 14 years ago
    i got the inspiration for the Teal/brown from Candice Olsen of Divine Design and the splashes of color from a designer on HGTV (can't remember her name).
    Good luck!