Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
nattycat_gw

Gerbera Daisy won't bloom

nattycat
15 years ago

I have several Gerbera Daisies that have stopped blooming in the last few weeks. I am careful to not let the leaves get wet and keep the foliage tidy. Some are on my front porch and get lots of sun. Others are on my more shaded patio. All are in pots with good potting soil and sufficient drainage. The foliage is green and lush, but no more blooms. What am I doing wrong? I would think that at least one of these locations would foster blooms. Does anyone have ideas? I have been fertilizing with Miracle Grow about every 2 weeks. Should I fertilize more? This seems to happen every year. They look great in the beginning, but then the blooming slows down and my ADD kicks in and they get neglected. Am I just short on patience here or maybe something else? Does it take a long time for more blooms to form? When I look into the plants I do not see any signs of little baby blooms forming. I bought these at Lowes and they are the most unique looking white and pinked fringed. Something I have never seen before. Don't know if that makes a difference, but don't think so since ones in the past have been traditional colors. Anyway, these are very striking if they would only bloom!!!! :(

Comments (2)