Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
rosemariero

Companions...

rosemariero
18 years ago

...for Daylilies (as well as other plants). A couple people asked to see some of the companion plants I used in the bed with my Hemerocallis, so here are some pix. Not sure if it's what you want to see. Close your eyes, if not ~LOL! I'll try to name several plants in the pix, but ask if you see something you want a name on.

Hemerocallis w/Lavenders, Coleus & Plectranthus

{{gwi:60706}}

Coleus, Sedum, Ajuga, Lavender, Carex, Verbena

{{gwi:60707}}

Bella Lavender purple, with Felicia way in back

{{gwi:60708}}

Lobelia, Salvia, Acorus, Coleus, Sedum

{{gwi:60709}}

Pieris, Hydrangea & Gaura in bk, Lavender, Plectranthus

{{gwi:60710}}

Pink Bella Lavender

{{gwi:60711}}

Lobelia, Alternanthera Silene & succulents

{{gwi:60712}}

Front section from driveway

{{gwi:60713}}

Mid-section

{{gwi:60715}}

Lobelia, Salvia, Acorus, Coleus, Sedums

{{gwi:60716}}

Alyssum, Snake plant, purple Salvia, Agastache

{{gwi:60717}}

Geranium, Plectranthus, Argyranthemum, Moss Rose, Ipomoea, Tradescantia

{{gwi:60718}}

Yardrat, I'd like to show you all my pix, but there are 20,000+ (mostly my garden plants, with *some* family thrown in) & I have a tough time choosing which ones to post as it is! :D

Thanks for looking, folks!

~Rosemarie

Comments (11)

• trini_chaconia
    18 years ago

That is so lovely...hopefully my garden would look like that one day...I thoroughly enjoyed your pics...felt like I was right there in your garden..Thank you.

• yardrat
    18 years ago

Rosemarie thanks again for taking the time to post your lovely garden pix. We all appreciate the time you take out of your garden to share with us.

Lovely combos!!!!!!

Yardrat

• SherCA
    18 years ago

Great pictures! You have chosen beautiful combinations. It was fun to see the picture with the street in the background. It looks like you live in a neighborhood very similar to mine.

Sher

• carol23_gw
    18 years ago

I love the purples, especially. The bella lavenders are exquisite!

• rosemariero
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Here, I'm DREAMing again...thinking I've already responded to this! I have to STOP doing that in my head! LOL

Thanks folks!

Glad I could give you that feeling, Trini!

Happy you appreciate it, Yardrat!

Funny, Sher, it seems I take the most pictures on trash day! Yes, we live in suburbia...with our neighbors breathing down our necks. (~~as you can see~ the neighbor's boat on their driveway.)

I love the purples too, Carol! Blues are my favorite, but seem hard to find. I'm working on it, though!

Have to get out to water these beauties now. :)

~Rosemarie

• jaceysgranny
    18 years ago

Very pretty and I also love the purples and blues the most. Your combinations are fantastic.

Nancy

• rosemariero
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Thanks Nancy!

Now, I suppose I should work on a group of pix from the back yard, but I think I'd better rip out one of the front beds first & get some of my new plants in the ground!

~Rosemarie

• toadlilly
    18 years ago

What a feast for the eyes! Thanks, CJ

• maja127
    15 years ago

Hope you read this...it's been a while since you posted these photos!
    You inspired me to start an area of succulents. I was wondering if you can tell me which of them you have pictured would do okay in Florida, zone 9. Also, can you tell me the size of the Bella Lavender purple? Can they take full sun? They are gorgeous! thanks

• juanital
    15 years ago

Very nice combos!

• mingtea
    15 years ago

hi maja,
    rosemarie wanted to thank you (and toadlilly and juanita) for the nice compliments. she isn't a GW member anymore but sent me to tell you that she would love to answer your questions. i couldn't figure out how to send you an email to get you in contact with her (error on the page?) but if you want, email me and i'll put you in touch.

-ming

Sponsored