Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
tinatn_gw

Lovely ending to the day.....

TinaTN
18 years ago

I captured this shot of a Monarch enjoying my Mexican Sunflower this evening. Also wanted to say that my thoughts and prayers are going out to those in New Orleans, who are in the path of the monstrous hurricane, Katrina. We will be expecting high winds (60 mph gusts) and 3-5" of rain by Tuesday night here in Tennessee. Let's all pray for the safety of all those in her path.

{{gwi:61685}}

Comments (17)

• rosemariero
    18 years ago

A Most Excellent shot of the Monarch and flower! Yes, our positive thoughts are with those in the path of Katrina. Stay safe!

~Rsoemarie

• jackied164 z6 MA
    18 years ago

Stunning photo. Thanks for sharing it.

• danihoney
    18 years ago

That's award winning! Beautiful!!! What did you use?

• TinaTN
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Thanks everyone. Was a hard picture to capture since the Monarch decided to fly away as soon as I got it in focus about 5 times lol. Dani, I have a Kodak EasyShare DX6490 4.0 mega pixels with 10x zoom. Set me back $500, but as you can see from the quality, it was well worth it! Thanks again for your great comments.

Tina

• sassyd
    18 years ago

Just beautiful! How much prettier does anyone want a pic to be?
    Thanks for sharing with us!
    Diane

• flowergirl_VA
    18 years ago

Gorgeous!

• JoanMN
    18 years ago

Lovely shot!

• gladbob
    18 years ago

THAT IS REAL WINNER

• callalilykris
    18 years ago

You really should enter that photo in a contest. That is incredibly beautiful!

• WendyB 5A/MA
    18 years ago

I agree. I am thinking wallpaper right now

• TinaTN
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Thanks for all the wonderful comments everyone! As for submitting it to a photo contest, I wouldn't have the foggiest on how to do that lol. Wendy, you had the same idea me and a friend had...we both made it our wallpaper lol. Please feel free to save it if you'd like, and I hope you enjoy it!

Tina

• callalilykris
    18 years ago

Your photo was so beautiful that it helped me to decide which digital camera to purchase--I didn't know where to begin--what features it should have, etc. Thank you!

You have a great photographic eye!

• callalilykris
    18 years ago

Hello again,
    You can enter your photo in a contest on this website:

http://www.circleofphotographers.com/

Good luck!

• TinaTN
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Callalilykris....I am so happy to hear that my picture helped with your decision on what camera you want! If you are getting the one like mine, you will absolutely love it!! Also, thank you very much for the link to the photo contest site. Going to do some cropping of the picture to remove the date on it as it may affect the outcome.

Thanks again,
    Tina

• TinaTN
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Just wanted to tell everyone to beware of the photo contest website that callalilykris posted above. They say if you make the finals, you will qualify to win $5,000. What they fail to tell you until they email you as being a finalist, is that in order to qualify for the $5,000 you have to buy their photography manuscript priced at $59. You shouldn't have to buy ANYTHING to qualify to win something!!! Just wanted people to be aware to these kinds of things.

Tina

• callalilykris
    18 years ago

Dear Tina,
    I'm soooo sorry that I steered you or anyone else in that direction--I had no idea. I sincerely apologize from my heart. I just looked for a photo contest because I thought your photo was a winner. Again, I'm truly sorry.

Kris

• TinaTN
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Kris,
    I am in no way blaming you nor did I mean for it to sound that way. I truly apologize. I got an email from them saying that I was chosen as a finalist, and I was so excited till I scrolled down and saw that I had to buy stuff to qualify for the grand prize. I too searched for photo contests and that website was one of the top ones listed. I just wanted to warn others about them, not lay the blame on anyone. Like I told a dear friend...it was a lesson learned, but I was able to let others know about them. I really appreciate you trying to help me. You didn't know about the way they worked. Thanks again everyone for the encouraging words and comments!

Tina

Sponsored