Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lazydaisy_gw

For Eagle Watchers....

lazydaisy
18 years ago

At least until they've hatched, want to watch a live cam Eagle's nest...

Here is a link that might be useful: Eagle Live Cam

Comments (11)

• davidmcdn
    18 years ago

Thanks for this.:)
    It's terrific.
    I love it. Every time mom squawks I jump in my chair.
    I used to have a Hedgehog Cam online a couple years ago.

• mamabear_on
    18 years ago

You can also try www.nu.com....this give you a live feed of the eagles with a broader view of the nest.

• davidmcdn
    18 years ago

Hi mamabear
    I can't seem to find it.
    Is that url correct?

• mamabear_on
    18 years ago

Hi David, yes the url is correct. It is for Nothern Utilities and the link is on the header "Eagles Online" click the link and go from there. THey has 56K and 100k connections.

Louise

• davidmcdn
    18 years ago

Cool Thanks Louise.
    I missed that link.
    I'm hooked on this Eagle. I just checked her a few minutes ago. She has her back to the camera. I wonder if she knows we are watching.:)

• mamabear_on
    18 years ago

The property owner who got permission from the wildlife association ( had to because the eagles are protected) stated that he set up the camera when the eagles were away and that they did not pay any attention to them upon their return to the nest. This is his 3rd year and norther utilities is sponsoring the site. He has added 3 new servers to meet the demands so if you are unable to connect just try again.

My son is getting a real kick out of this site.

She had 2 babies last week and I only see one now. I emailed them and asked what had happened. I have not gotten a reply yet.

I have seen both parents in the nest feeding the babies. Beautiful sight.

Enjoy
    Louise

• lazydaisy
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Louise, you're going to be more of an expert with geography in this area than I am, but aren't these two different nests? The one I posted is in Hornby Island and the one you posted is in Barton Island. Can't find a good enough map reference to tell me where those two are located in relation to each other. When I saw that you said they "hatched" I was really confused because I thought I saw three eggs the other day but now there's only two that I can tell but I wasn't seeing any actual "eaglettes"! I was wondering if they had an additional nursury added on for the new babes! LOL...or they were splitting custody!

• lazydaisy
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Louise, we've been seeing quite a few bald eagles flying over lakes throughout Texas and it really surprised me. I just love the thought that they are appearing more and more.

• mamabear_on
    18 years ago

Lazydaisy. the nest on the NU site is located to the best of my knowledge in British Columbia Canada. This nest is on private property and this pair has been nesting in this spot for a few years now. The owner of the property had to get permission to install the cameras because eagles are so protected they did not want to intefere with the mating/nesting/hatching/raising process of the eagles.

The owner of the property had started this out on his own and had gotten such a large demande from the public to be able to view the eagles that he asked for assistance and Nothern Utilities stepped in to help out.

The feed is live 24/7 and this nest has 3 eaglettes. I was only seeing one, but this morning I say the other one and he/she is much smaller than his/her brother or sister. I am happy to see that both has made it this far.

Louise

• davidmcdn
    18 years ago

Hi Louise. I was told your nest was in Mass.
    Lazy's is in the Gulf Islands of BC. I've actually been within a mile of that nest 3 years ago. It's beautiful there.

• mamabear_on
    18 years ago

Your right David, my mistake. The Hornby Island one is in BC and the other is in Mass.

I just rechecked and realized that there are 2 sites.

Anyway, both are good and fun to watch.

Louise