Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
tinfoilhat

Couch Potato & Tigger

tinfoilhat
12 years ago

My Bench grinder died and when I took it apart the shields looked like cat faces. Added them to old fuel filter canisters, valve springs, RR spikes, spider gears, timing chain, and a part from my SS Box to make 100% recycled kittens.

Couch Potato is an indoor Lap Cat, his short legs are sufficient to waddle from couch to cat bowl and back. His eyes are spider gears with the gear faces painted purple. I kept moving him around because I couldn't get a pose where his eyes showed the color or depth in a photo.

{{gwi:159116}}

{{gwi:159118}}

{{gwi:159120}}

Comments (12)

• Purplemoon
    12 years ago

oh man....those are way too cute. I love cats, and have an orange tabby housecat too.
    I'll pick yours up when I come get the Roadrunner.
    LOL.
    In my dreams!

hugs, Karen

• Marlene Kindred
    12 years ago

What happy cats!! They are both VERY cute! Especially like the orange one with his bright blue eyes and even the pads on his feet! Great job!

• jeannespines
    12 years ago

How in the world you could see a CAT from dismantling your bench grinder!!! Love your recycling! FUN! These would be great in a 'children's garden,' too! Keep 'enjoying' your good work! (I do!) TFS! Jeanne S.

• concretenprimroses
    12 years ago

I love cats! These are great. So creative!
    Kathy

• marylee_2010
    12 years ago

Your cats are absolutely wonderful! You are so creative! I love them.

Marylee

• 9bark
    12 years ago

Dude, I want the black one!! Well done! I wish I had a welding kit.

• sunnyca_gw
    12 years ago

I bet the black one is really great looking in person with purple eyes! Orange one with blue eyes is interesting too, amazing that your tool had "2 cat faces" You put them to good use! Jan

• nonacook
    12 years ago

I love these cats!!
    No litter box needed!!! LOL

• oldcrafty
    12 years ago

I love both of them. Boy, the talent you have. Wish you could send some my way!

• toomuchglass
    12 years ago

I wish I could see the world through your eyes ... I bet there'd never be a dull moment . You see things the rest of us can't !

Awesome kitties !!

• luna_llena_feliz
    12 years ago

I really need to get fitted for a tin hat so I can come up with these awesome ideas! Love both cats.

• User
    12 years ago

You have the most amazing imagination. I love both the cats, especially the orange.

Sponsored
EK Interior Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
TIMELESS INTERIOR DESIGN FOR ENDLESS MEMORIES