Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
soonergirl1968

Copper Bird Feeder

soonergirl1968
13 years ago

Here is a bird feeder (which will probably end up being a squirrel feeder) I made from a large copper vase and a copper plate I picked up at the swap meet. I filled the vase with concrete to keep it from falling over.

{{gwi:160863}}

And, she certainly doesn't qualify as GJ but isn't she cute lying on her chaise by the pool? This is my Princess Bella...

{{gwi:160864}}

Comments (15)

• excessfroufrou
    13 years ago

That bird feeder is gorgeous, as well as your flower beds. The bird feeder is very classy looking. What breed is P. Bella, she looks like a big ole sweetheart, and isn't she lucky to have her own chaise by the pool.
    Frou

• soonergirl1968
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks, Frou! She is a Boerboel (South African Mastiff) and yes... she is a BIG ole sweetheart!! I'm not sure, but I think my dogs MIGHT be a little spoiled but I love them dearly :)

• kacram
    13 years ago

LOL GREAT pictures!
    could also be a bird bath!

• toomuchglass
    13 years ago

Bella looks like she's smiling !!!!!!!!

No wonder - she's laying in a beautiful yard !

• nanatricia
    13 years ago

AWWWWW!!!!!Love the pup and the Bb or feeder .Great idea!

• concretenprimroses
    13 years ago

Wonderful match between those 2 pieces. Makes a beautiful bird bath. Bella is pretty cute too.
    Kathy

• Calamity_J
    13 years ago

Nice Eye Candy...Both pics!!!

• soonergirl1968
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Well, we had a bit of rain and the bird seed went everywhere so I think it has now officially become a birdbath!! :)

• Marlene Kindred
    13 years ago

LOVE the copper birdfeeder! Awesome! And Bella looks as happy as a clam!

• susiewantsroses
    13 years ago

My copper totem/plant stand came unglued in the winter weather even though it was on the porch with over hang. They sure are pretty though. Also, I love Bella.

• jeannespines
    13 years ago

Looks rustic to me...the copper idea is really cool! And good idea to put concrete in the vase...will be an awesome BB! TFS! Jeanne S. . . is Bella part boxer? (such a sweetie!)

• shadyswing
    13 years ago

Very sharp! I love copper and it's changing patina. Your piece sits well amidst those beautiful hydrangeas and impatiens. Nice work!

Bella's a beauty -Such a sweet and contented look.

• luna_llena_feliz
    13 years ago

I love your new birdbath! I love rustic metal pieces so this is a beauty in my book. Great idea to fill the vase with concrete too.

And Bella does look a tiny bit spoiled there. I can't say she is too spoiled because I don't see a doggy drink with a little umbrella in it next to her chaise. Now is that really a doggy chaise or is she that big that she takes up an entire people chaise lounge? If she's a Mastiff, I imagine she would! TFS both pics!

• sunnyca_gw
    13 years ago

Vintage looking birdbath, some birds might like a flatish rock in center. My stain glass B&B gift BB has a copper edge & birds are on it all the time. Beautiful dog! Jan

• Purplemoon
    13 years ago

Good use of the copper pieces, and really pretty in the garden. Bella is wonderful, is she guarding your GJ stuff or just enjoying the view? LOL.
    Dogs are supposed to be spoiled. Just ask mine!

hugs, Karen