Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
robert_colizza

Backsplash Battle

Robert Colizza
11 years ago
We've almost completed our kitchen, but we are at opposite ends about the kind of backsplash we want to use. I want to install the glass backsplash for its simplicity and stylish accent. Although my husband loves it, he wants to make sure about its durability, practicality, safety, etc, versus traditional tiles. We would appreciate if anyone can give us more insight to this option since our kitchen will look very similarly to the attached photo.
Stoney Creek Portfolio · More Info

Comments (7)

• PRO
    Staged for Perfection
    11 years ago
    Glass tiles are so much more stylish and last just as long as tiles do.
  • PRO
    Charmean Neithart Interiors
    11 years ago
    This is a glass collection that I love by Stone Pewter Accents...
    http://www.stonepewteraccents.com/SPA_rainbow_p1.html#3x6Brick
    I have used numerous shapes and colors from this "rainbow" collection, including kitchens and bathrooms. Here is an installation...
    Charmean Neithart Interiors, LLC. · More Info

I love glass in kitchens, easy maintenance and an updated look make glass a great choice.
    Hope that helps. Charmean Neithart
  • PRO
    Helga Simmons Interior Design LLC
    11 years ago
    The one-piece glass backsplash is the best. Can have any color as background. It's way underused in the US. In Europe an Australia it's used all the time.
  • alanfl
    10 years ago
    If you go solid glass for the back splash it should be made out of tempered glass. Sometimes referred to as Safety glass. It will be safer, won't crack as easy and will be resistant to hot objects placed near it. Tempered glass is similar to all but the newest automobile side windows. When those windows shatter they shatter into tiny pieces with no jagged edges. Newer cars are starting to put laminated glass on the front side windows. Laminated is what is put on your windshield.
  • luvdecor
    8 years ago
    @Dreamwalls Glass do you have a dealer in South Florida?
  • luvdecor
    8 years ago

Does anyone know what the price range might be for this back-splash?