greenhouser

The small HFGH

greenhouser

By mid winter there wasn't an inch of space left. There was a few inches left when these were taken.

{{gwi:294678}}

{{gwi:294680}}

• dhmeiser

Wow! Looks fantastic!

Can you explain what you meant by not air-tight, do the panels flex and allow air infiltration?

I don't have a HFGH (yet!) and wanted to see a closup of how the panels are placed in their aluminum supports so I can get some ideas on sealing the ends and sides for air infiltration.

I also like the shelving idea that is how I want to setup my shelves!

• kauai_hawaii

Greenhouser:

Looks great! I puchased my 8 x 6 HFGH over a year ago last fall but didn't get it assembled until this year for various reasons.

I have a question for you. I notice you have two roof vents. Did your greenhouse come with two vents or did you add the second one? Mine only came with one roof vent. I wish I had two.

Happy Gardening....

• greenhouser

The panels don't fit the frames tightly all the way around. There are small spaces where they don't touch the frame at all. The panels are not 100% perfectly flat. We plan to use silicone to seal the panels to the frame before next winter. The panels are held in my metal clips. I hope the Rion is more air-tight than the HFGH.

If you come up with a better method of sealing the panels please let me know.

• greenhouser

Ours came with the two vents. They stick something awful. We can't get them to open and close freely so can't use those automatic vent openers. The side you can't see, the left side, facing south, has two shelves.

Remodeling From Concept to Completion in Virginia | 7x Best of Houzz