ryan_tree

makeshift greenhouse?

ryan_tree

Can I go and buy a big, clear plastic tub and use it as a greenhouse? Will it still work the same? i need somewhere to put all of my redwoods, in which this site (http://majesticredwoods.synthasite.com/) really helped me grow them.

• greenhouser

Why not just buy a small $300 HFGH? How are you going to heat a plastic tub this winter? What do you plan to do with all these redwood trees? They're not adapted to your state.

• ryan_tree

Uhh, yea Redwoods grow in Va, believe I would know because I have raised them.....duh?

• greenhouser

Coast redwoods are from the west coast where they bask in mists and moderate climate. What kind of redwoods are you growing? ???

• ryan_tree

Coast, Dawn and Giant Sequoia. You see people do not understand that Redwoods can grow on the east coast. I dont understand why people cant get that throught their skulls!

• jeff-n-jessa

let's see some pictures - can you drive a car through 'em yet?

• ryan_tree

Not if they are seedlings. oh by the way that takes up to 2000 years. People like you that are so stubborn are so annoying. Why wouldnt you be able to grow them on the east coast? The conditions are still fine. do a search on this website and youll find that they will grow fine on the east coast. Read and do research!

• chris_in_iowa

""Uhh, yea Redwoods grow in Va, believe I would know because I have raised them.....duh?""

""Coast, Dawn and Giant Sequoia. You see people do not understand that Redwoods can grow on the east coast. I dont understand why people cant get that throught their skulls!""

Um... don't "DUH" the Greenhouse and Structures Forum.

We is really smart in all aspects of growing stuff.

We are also smart in the looking at other forums!

http://forums2.gardenweb.com/forums/load/bonsai/msg0614492510256.html

There another poster is asking ""What would be a good soil to keep my very small 1 inch Coast and Dawn and Giant Sequoias in? Would it be something like regular potting soil, vermiculite, or peat or something else? What soil should I keep them in?""

Also yet another post about Redwoods!

http://forums2.gardenweb.com/forums/load/strucs/msg0722125110984.html

""Ok, So I am growing redwoods in my house.""
    ""The Coast redwoods are Very tall now and the Giant Sequoia will be there soon.""
    ""Just some basic ideas to store and grow more of my redwoods. I would like it to be able to fit on a ktichen table or something. ""

Them Redwoods grow too fast!

Try lettuce and radishes and work your way up to tomatoes and peppers. Then try trees!

• jeff-n-jessa

not to mention a study in irony - chill out, dude

• belleville_rose_gr

For someone asking a question you seem to know it all

• greenhouser

Dawn redwoods do live here in TN but are usually found in swampy areas. I have seem them in wet places in NY state. These are huge trees in time and need a lot more space than most homeowners can give them. The other two are more particular as to where they live and thrive.

• ryan_tree

Back to my question before I was rudely interrupted. I am sorry I got upset but you people need to know redwoods do grow on the east coast and there is one here in VA. Its near the Arlington Hospital. now if you will please just answer my question. Can a rubbermaid container be used as a temporary greehnouse?

• cactusfreak

Hope John doesn't mind me posting this.

Here is a link that might be useful: John's propagation chambers

• chris_in_iowa

Oh and Ryan....

Make sure you buy a CLEAR Rubber Maid container.

The other type tend to make your trees a bit "leggy"

• kudzu9

Ryan-
    With all due respect, since I see you're relatively new to GardenWeb, let me make a suggestion. If you want to receive constructive responses, enlightened self-interest would suggest that you have less of an edge. Your tone, and your serial sniping in response to an imagined slight, will not encourage people here to want to help you. I've found folks in these forums are inclined to be very helpful...except when they encounter unpleasantness. I'm not lecturing you; just trying to give you some context. Whether you choose to be open to that is your business.

• ryan_tree

Yea I know. Its just that people try to criticize me a lot and I get tired of it, not saying just you guys do it.

Extensive Collection of Quality Home Improvement Products & Services