hill60

HFGH newbie

hill60

Hi everyone.

I've been a lurker for a very long time and thought it was about time I introduced myself. I live in the Pacific Northwest on Vancouver Island. DH and I both like gardening, we call it playing in the dirt, having a greenhouse will allow us to play year round.

We bought two 10x12 HFGH last August. I plan on getting one up running and getting the kinks out first before the other is assembled. The first is assembled but not yet weather proofed. It has survived a couple wind storms with no ill effects thanks to all the great tips and information from this forum.

Hill60

• mudhouse_gw

Hello Hill60, and welcome. Congratulations on getting your first one up and assembled. We started ours in late July. My DH and I agree we could do another one much faster and with no trouble, now that we understand the kit. Just think how smart you'll feel as you zip through the second one!
    Sheri

• rosepedal

Hi HILL60,

Welcome glad you joined us. Congrats on your new toy. Hope to hear from soon as you progress in your gh. Barb

• hill60

Thanks for the welcome

I have taken pictures of the build in progress. I'm trying to sort out the pictures and then figure tech stuff for posting them.

This winter I hope to get a head start on my fuchsias and geraniums for my hanging baskets. The greenhouse will let us start flowers and vegies from seed that we wouldn't find in our local Nurseries. I also like the idea of pushing my zone and seeing what we can get growing.

We have our first snow on the ground early this year, so pushing the zone seems a little ambitious. The fun of gardening, if it works take credit for being talented with a green thumb. If it fails blame it on the weather.

Hill60

• ladylotus

Hello Hill60,

Congratulations on getting your greenhouse set up. Will you be starting your fuschias and geraniums from seeds? Or do you take cuttings?

Also, I like your philosopy...if it grows take the credit by saying it's your green thumb, if it dies blame it on the weather and mother nature. ha ha ha. You are good girl! ha ha

• hill60

ladylotus

All my pelargoniums and fuchsias started out as hanging basket stuffers. I usually just overwinter the mother plants. This is the first year that I have attempted taking cuttings from them. I'm also going try starting pelargonums from seed.

hill60

Northern Virginia's Elite Remodeling Center | Best of Houzz 2020