Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
johninmd

Did Ya ever?!

johninmd
15 years ago

I needed a altinator for my tractor, i use a 70-80's Chevy SI on it.

So i look up on Advance Auto Parts web site, a alt. for a 1985 Checy C10 pickup alt. 34.99 for a 37 amp, is plenty.

Next day in town i call Advance from my cell, and ask if they have that on the shelf (for that truck above), guy says no, we have a 80.00 alt. and a 59.00 alt. nothing like what you describe.

Soooo, i go to sons house and look it up again online, and get a part no.of one i looked at.

I call Advance with part no. Sure, on the shelf, 34.99. I tell him ill be right down.

I take part no. with me hoping to buy it by part no. They type part no. in computer, no such altinator, WHAT??? i just called and you said you had it, i gave you the part no. you gave me the price.

They checked again, nope... no such part no. By now geting a headache... Remember first call?, they did NOT have one like i described by truck model?.

Well guess what,he says what is it for, i tell him same truck model, POOF! it appears in the computer now by truck model ARRRRGGGGGHHHHHHHH !!!!!!!!

I say give me the damn thing before it vanishes again !

Oh, and online, and over phone it was 37 amp? well... one i got for 34.99 was 63 amp, that doesnt exist either..

ANyway, finially got it on and charging good now.

Oh, to those waiting for pics of this tractor, i havent forgot, soon.

Jst needed to rant of how i spent my Saturday......

Comments (6)