Software
Houzz Logo Print
nikkilongworth

Colors

11 years ago
On my screen the colors look vivid: the 'red' does not look 'rust' and the green does not look 'olive'. I do not want a true rust color but a brighter shade of red. Love what I see on the screen. Any way to know the actual colors?
New Zealand Blended Wool Rug, 8'x10' · More Info

Comments (4)

  • PRO
    11 years ago
    Colors are Dark Beige, Black, Rust, Blue, Green Olive
  • 11 years ago
    The answer to this question, which I also had, is a non-answer. The colors were enumerated in the rug description and we're asking for something more precise.I'm not even sure I can match the colors named to the colors in the rug! The background looks cafe au lait and some petals appear chocolate brown. There's a light AND medium blue--very different shades. What appears to be a medium teal green is a small part of the rug and an avocado green makes up a large # of petals. Brownish mustard a bit of black and a slightly muted red make up the rest of my picture. Could someone who can actually SEE the rug plz clarify for Nikki Longworth and me? Thank you, Andrea Howard
  • PRO
    11 years ago
    The colors are may vary from the physical piece in comparison to monitor colors.

    The background is dark Beige.
  • 11 years ago

    I have this beautiful rug. The background is a deeper medium somewhat muddied taupish beige. The flowers petals combine both a light and darker blue,a brighter golden yellow, rusty orange, an attractive medium green ( not really an avocado) with dots of a lighter, softened tealed lime as well as touches of black. I know this is not entirely helpful but the colors are all so "muddied" in tone that itis impossible to give you clear comparisons. The rug is thick and simply beautiful in our dining room with a glass table for it to show through. There is no red or brown in my rug and the "rustish color" has strong orange undertones.

    It's truly a stand out rug in the sense that it acts as a piece or floor art and is simply gorgeous on wood floors of any shadings. As mamabug noted, it oddly but simultaneously both subtle (what I have referred to as muddied) and bright.

    Very much a one of a kind statement. A few years back I viewed a clearer color shot on a Neiman Marcus website although I don't know if it is still up,there.