Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sunnysideuphill

How did this happen?

sunnysideuphill
14 years ago

So I have the new rose garden! So how come I'm looking at October and have somehow EIGHT potted roses? I spent a half hour lugging them (5 are really big and almost too heavy for me) into the garden cart and trundling them over to the edge of the Famous Ditch of Too Many Roses, although they are not yet settled down in. (was wearing low shoes, need ankle support to jump down in there).

Ok, after a deep breath - here is what they are:

1.An impulse buy, August 09: Wm Shakespeare since the color was killer.

2.Another impulse,Agway had a sale: HomeRun because daughter got engaged to fellow Red Sox fan, and she likes red.

3. Golden Celebration had to be dug up for deck repair last month and the spot is going to be the herb garden next year so GC is currently homeless...

4. Another yellow rose that I can't remember the name of, same spot as the GC so had to move.

5. Pink Grootendurst that I just didn't like, but can't really kill it, since next May the church or library will have a plant sale....

6.Kazanlik - cause I can't figure out where to put it - super lanky.

7 and 8 - two of this year's Ashdown bands that were so spotty and weak looking by plantin day on July 8 after over six weeks of wet weather that I held off putting them in, and they never really took off and one is totally leafless with green baby canes and the other is nearly so, but hey, you never know, and maybe they will come out of the Ditch all resurrected and gorgeous next spring...

I spent a boatload of money to put in the rose garden, and I still have a pot ghetto! What does that say about my planning skills, my self-restraint......

Comments (5)