Software
Houzz Logo Print
lrochat

where do I start?

14 years ago
I have the colors picked out, i have a bedroom set, i have a light and i have four pictures of my greatgrandma's that i want to display somehow... but Where do i start on deciding how to decorate it from that???? attached is a picture with colors i want to use

Comments (15)

  • 14 years ago
    Love your colors! Do you have any photos of the space you can share and of the elements you want to use to see how they might work together?
  • 14 years ago
    I like the charcoal and hot pink color scheme. Take a look at West Elm's white pintuck bedding. The white will keep your room from looking too dark and you can accent with all kinds of patterned throw pillows/shams. http://www.westelm.com/products/organic-cotton-pintuck-duvet-cover-shams-white-s081/?pkey=cbedding-sets
  • 14 years ago
    it is more of a purple, it is called Frambroise from Sherman Williams
  • 14 years ago
    I love your lighting choice very pretty! I think it will all look amazing!
  • 14 years ago
    If you are looking for affordable instead of designer...Target has great bedding...here are a few ideas. A basic white with the throw pillow suggestion is a great choice too!
  • PRO
    14 years ago
    Charcoal is good , why not have some lighter shade with it, but hot pink makes you get bored of that colour very soon , that's my observation , wherever the client got it on a feature wall or a patch it had to be redone in some other colour , firstly it is so strong if done with say a white , the white also looks to have a pinkish Hue , try it with a patch test , if you like the result , only then get your paint made at the paint store .
  • 14 years ago
    Here are my thoughts.... Since your furniture is black, I think if you painted all the walls in Frambroise, it might be a bit heavy and overwhelming. You could paint your headboard wall in the Frambroise and the other 3 walls in a paler pink like Lighthearted Pink SW 6568 or in a grey light Rhinestone SW 7655. I love the pintuck duvet from WE that michiganmom suggested. I think it is in keeping with the young fresh look you are after. You could get the duvet and a sham in the white an a couple of shams in the grey. Ikea also has bedding... I think your chandelier is IKEA. Something like their LYKOAX (see link below) might work. Night table lamp(s) with a crystal/glass base and a crisp white shade will work nicely with your chandelier. Take a look at double matting the artwork- charcoal grey or black frame, large white mat with an narrower mat in a grey.
    couple of ideas-
    http://www.ikea.com/ca/en/catalog/products/80208421/
    http://www.ikea.com/ca/en/catalog/products/20190834/
  • 14 years ago
    I adore pink! I agree stick with your white/charcoal/black as a backdrop and use the beautiful pink in your accent pieces so it really stands out.
  • 14 years ago
    Pink for accent can be changed when you tire or the fashion changes. Not big swaths of it. Too stimulating for a bedroom.
  • PRO
    14 years ago
    last modified: 14 years ago
    What is on your floor? Is your bedroom set in a matte or a gloss black? Does your room have good light? Are your walls and ceiling in a smooth finish? I've posted your Frambroise paint. http://www.sherwin-williams.com/homeowners/color/find-and-explore-colors/paint-colors-by-family/SW6566/
  • PRO
    14 years ago
    White Hotel Bedding · More Info
    This is Williams Sonoma and is a very simple charcoal and white for your bedding that would blend well with your black bedroom set. If you do something simple such as this, I would paint the headboard wall only in your Frambroise. The remaining walls can be in a soft gray (picking up the family of gray in your bedding). I would do the ceiling in a formula that is only 25% of what is required for your gray wall color. My reasoning, is to keep your ceiling from going pink from the Frambroise which will reflect onto the ceiling. All your trim needs to be in a white/off-white, unless your baseboards are builder grade. If they are builder grade, then I would paint them same color as the walls and do any other trim and doors in the white/off-white. Also with window(s), I would stick with a white so you can enjoy a contrast with the colors you have selected.

    Love the Frambrose and love your light fixture. :)
  • PRO
    14 years ago
    Get in your vehicle and go shopping - or sit at your desk and peruse - everyone's feed back is right on but bedding is personal - as in, what's your personality? - your overall aesthetic throughout home? - grandma's pictures are of what? - - You show a picture with the colors - is this the style you like as well? Enjoy the fun!
  • 14 years ago
    I think you have a lovely inspiration with your choice of color and chandelier and black and white photography. I would work on the bedding keeping it neutral perhaps light gray and white with pops of color using pillows. I would use geometric pillowsto offset the romantic quality of the chandelier.
  • PRO
    14 years ago
    Kartell Bourgie Table Lamp · More Info
    This lamp would look great on your night tables with your hanging lamp. I'm referring to the clear one rather than the black.
Sponsored
Hope Restoration & General Contracting
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars35 Reviews
Columbus Design-Build, Kitchen & Bath Remodeling, Historic Renovations