Software
Houzz Logo Print
botanytoronto

Papaver somniferum L. - Need Statistics and Details

21 years ago

I have a paper to write about the toxicology of the opium poppy. There are several criteria regarding my given project.

Some questions I need answered are as follows.

1. What was the strain of poppy that was originally used to mass produce opium for illegal sales? How about in Europe? China? India? Did they all use the same strain?

2. Which strain of Papaver somniferum L. has the highest morphine content?

3. Which strain of Papaver somniferum L. do drug farmers grow in order to generate the highest yield possible? I hear that Tazmanian farmers have a variety that they use to produce medicine for the rest of the world.

4. What are some of the laws regarding Papaver somniferum L.? I hear that they are legal to grow so long as no scoring takes place on the pods.

5. Are there any other types of plants that produce the same toxins/medicines as the opium poppy?

I appreciate the help!

Comments (3)

0
Sponsored
Innovative & Creative Custom Closet Designer Servicing Franklin County