My builder uses Houzz Pro to plan the timeline and give detailed estimates and daily updates with photos of progress, and provide invoices at pre-agreed key points in the build. This made the whole experience much more efficient and stress-free.
When I first looked at your pic Mammillaria prolifera came to mind. Does it get red seed pods, kinda large for the small size of the plant? I no longer keep prolifera but remember the flowers as more yellow than pink.
And then there is Mammillaria glassii. This is my plant and it is blooming today. Flowers small and pink but the individual heads on mine might be a tad larger than yours.
It might be Mammillaria prolifera var. texana I'm still looking for good pictures for comparison. Yes it will get red seed pods but they remain very small. I think we nailed the family.
G'day cactusboy, I think Mammillaria prolifera var. texana is the correct name for this one, I no longer have one of these, but yours is just as I remember mine!
Hi, There are no forms of M. profifera known that have pink flowers, all have flowers in shades of yellow. There do however exist some forms and cultivars of M. gracilis with pink flowers, but I don't think these do exist 35 years already (well 38 in the meantime). A detailed picture is needed to tell something for sure. Pieter
Wow! Cool looking Plant! has anyone figured out what it is? Cactusboy, Has your plant ever made fruit and seeds? Don't suppose you have any seeds to spare? Or maybe a had or two that may have come lose? :-)
tjsangel
Joyce
Related Professionals
Pine Bluff Landscape Architects & Landscape Designers · Greensboro Landscape Architects & Landscape Designers · Lebanon Landscape Architects & Landscape Designers · San Luis Obispo Landscape Architects & Landscape Designers · Kalispell Landscape Architects & Landscape Designers · Jacksonville Landscape Contractors · San Antonio Landscape Contractors · Huntington Landscape Contractors · Alexandria Landscape Contractors · Palm Desert Landscape Contractors · Yuba City Landscape Contractors · Seattle Landscape Contractors · Muskogee Stone, Pavers & Concrete · New Haven Stone, Pavers & Concrete · Billings Stone, Pavers & Concreteariole
ariole
cactusboyOriginal Author
tjsangel
cactuspolecat
cactusboyOriginal Author
greenlarry
peter_rabbit
Pieter
Pieter
paulzie32