Software
Houzz Logo Print
ohio_green_thumb

New acquisitions needing names

20 years ago

If you kind folks know the names of any of these new babies, it would certainly help me sleep at night.

I tried in vain to narrow down the genus for this one. I just know that once I get the right name I'll be slapping myself silly about not knowing it!

{{gwi:469780}}

{{gwi:469781}}

I'm guessing Parodia warasii for this one:

{{gwi:469782}}

A baby Mamm?

{{gwi:469783}}

{{gwi:469784}}

I tentatively ID'd this one as Mammillaria huitzilopochtli. Was I right?

{{gwi:469786}}

I think this is Oreocereus trollii.

{{gwi:469788}}

Arkansas toothpick is the only thing that comes to mind for this next one. The spines are absolutely wicked and this was the only one that drew blood while being potted up.

{{gwi:469790}}

I admit I'm a bit rusty on my scientific names after taking the winter off from "cactusing"!

The Stenocactus in the background is also new. It has 2 buds on it but I can't tell what color flower they'll produce just yet. Knowing that will certainly help in ID'ing it.

Many thanks,

Amy

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Franklin County's Heavy Timber Specialists | Best of Houzz 2020!