My builder uses Houzz Pro to plan the timeline and give detailed estimates and daily updates with photos of progress, and provide invoices at pre-agreed key points in the build. This made the whole experience much more efficient and stress-free.
Hmmm the pics work OK from my end, it's kinda strange how some can view and others can't,(my puter doesn't like pics from image-shack), don't know what to think of it... I'll revert to posting my pics without thumbnails as that appears to work for all.
Works for me CP. This is another nice plant. I have the darnedest time photographing the flowers though. It seems mine only flowers when it's either inconvenient for me to photograph them or the light is bad! I think the plant is camera shy and only flowers when it knows it's safe to!
While we're on the subject, have you tried sowing the seeds? I have no trouble getting the seeds to sprout, but once they do, they die off like flies. I think the trick might be to back way off on the water once the seeds have sprouted. I've only got 5 or 6 seedlings from what must have been 50 seeds. Any ideas?
It's a beauty. Many years ago I propagated this little gem with abandon and our C&S club sold it at plant fairs under the name "Mexican Love Plant". They were a hot item, couldn't keep them in stock.
I could see both pics. How pretty they are! Never mind "camera-shy"--I have never even seen the flowers on either of my anacampseros, but the seed pods were proof that they did bloom. Maybe I ought to camp out beside them the next time they are in bud.
Thanks to Amy, I now know how I managed to kill off a bunch of seedlings.
Thanks folks, the flowers sure are "eye poppers" but are very short lived. I've never tried sowing seed of these, but I have had seedlings of A. retusus germinate and grow in the pot of the parent plant and in neighbouring pots too, they don't seem to mind drying out between waterings, so Amy you are probably right about backing off with the water a bit.
I'm new to these plants, my specialty is carnivorous beauties, so can anyone give me a care sheet for these? I live in the foothills east of Sacramento on the way to Kirkwood and Tahoe. My house faces south, summers can get to the upper 90's and since we're at the 4000ft elev. we definitely get snow. So any suggestions? thanks twotut
jamesfe
deefar
Related Professionals
Washington Landscape Architects & Landscape Designers · Lafayette Landscape Architects & Landscape Designers · McAllen Landscape Architects & Landscape Designers · Danville Landscape Architects & Landscape Designers · Danbury Landscape Architects & Landscape Designers · Boston Landscape Architects & Landscape Designers · York Landscape Architects & Landscape Designers · Panama City Landscape Contractors · Waycross Landscape Contractors · California Landscape Contractors · Vineland Landscape Contractors · Chattanooga Landscape Contractors · Clarksburg Landscape Contractors · Panama City Stone, Pavers & Concrete · Frederick Stone, Pavers & ConcretecactuspolecatOriginal Author
Ohio_Green_Thumb
ariole
hablu
deefar
biwako_of_abi
cactuspolecatOriginal Author
twotut