Software
Houzz Logo Print
dragonstone

My Jade Plants...

19 years ago

Trying this forum for a change since I have a handful of images. I wish they were of better quality but they're good enough! ;)

My main 10 year old jade plant which I'm now convinced has to be a dwarf-variety.

{{gwi:492927}}

A close-up of the trunks. Not very thick.

{{gwi:492928}}

My attempts at trying to grow them in a tree-like way. The middle pot (with the flower design) is approximately five years old. I made several other attempts over several years. For some reason, some plants failed. The first pot at the far left and the pot to the right of the middle pot - you can see they both had a plant but they just suddenly failed. It was domino-like. Each section rotted and left behind a smooth nub... before that next section rotted. It went down and down and ended.

{{gwi:492929}}

Sometimes there's redness on the bottom of the leaves but it is not common at all. For example, under one of the tree-like jades:

{{gwi:492930}}

This one has a couple leaves that are pointed but also some redness.

{{gwi:492931}}

I wasn't attempting anything with this. I don't remember how old it is but one summer, I trimmed my main jade plant down and tossed all the cuttings into an empty pot and they all took. They've been growing up since. I couldn't bring myself to tear out the little pine tree. ;)

{{gwi:492932}}

A picture of the other side:

{{gwi:492933}}

And a look at some others:

The poor hobbit jade was much larger but a surprisingly massive rainstorm earlier this year caused the plant to just fold down on itself. I had to trim off a lot of branches and straighten it up with yarn (the only string I could find in a jiffy). The trimmed off branches were repotted.

{{gwi:492934}}

My gollum jade in two pots. They both came from different places. I really oughta take a small paintbrush and brush off the leaves that dried up. I try to brush them off but they don't want to let go just yet.

{{gwi:492935}}


I know it's not as awe-inspiring or beautiful as others but it's the best I can do with the money and space I have. ;)

Comments (6)

Sponsored