My builder uses Houzz Pro to plan the timeline and give detailed estimates and daily updates with photos of progress, and provide invoices at pre-agreed key points in the build. This made the whole experience much more efficient and stress-free.
All your Aloes look really healthy. And the A. suprafoliata is a very special one with its distichious leaves. A pity that all its new leaves after the first flower change to the common rosulate pattern. But luckily at least the color of its leaves persists if kept in full sun.
I am envious. While outside looking at aloe blooms, I noticed one of my plants had been ejected from its stand. It was my juvenile suprafoliata and one of it's leaves has been snapped in half by those rampaging squirrels. Argh!!! I won't even mention what thet did to my aloe glauca for the second time.........At least I know what to look for in a year or two when the suprafoliata is large enough to flower.
Jordi, I knew they eventually spiral, but I did not know that they started only after blooming. Thanks for the information.
Borrego, I have an raised Aloe bed that is under a big oak tree, I use to have the same problem when the acorns start to drop the squirrel would dig around my Aloes to get to them. I have dogs, but they do not deter the squirrel from his mission of getting the acorns. I circled the entire bed with mouse traps, he has set the traps off, but never been harmed. Now with the traps, the squirrel has changed his course and gets his acorns from a different location in the yard.
Thanks for the nice comments Rosemarie. Although I lurk here a lot, I have been laxed about posting responses and pictures. With the nice weather we have been having, and things slowing down now that the holidays are over, we have been spending more time outdoors. Glad you enjoyed the Aloe.
Thanks for the nice comments Rosemarie. Although I lurk here a lot, I have been laxed about posting responses and pictures. With the nice weather we have been having, and things slowing down now that the holidays are over, we have been spending more time outdoors. Glad you enjoyed the Aloe.
Do you happen to know if you can stop the leaves from becoming rosulate by cutting the flower stalk off when it appears? Probably no such luck, but I thought it worth asking...
deefar
cactusjordi
Related Professionals
DeRidder Landscape Architects & Landscape Designers · Lynchburg Landscape Architects & Landscape Designers · Dubuque Landscape Architects & Landscape Designers · Buffalo Landscape Architects & Landscape Designers · Yakima Landscape Architects & Landscape Designers · Dothan Landscape Contractors · Westminster Landscape Contractors · Bartlesville Landscape Contractors · Killeen Landscape Contractors · Dubuque Landscape Contractors · Modesto Landscape Contractors · Wilmington Stone, Pavers & Concrete · Spring Stone, Pavers & Concrete · Leominster Stone, Pavers & Concrete · Odessa Stone, Pavers & Concreteborrego
Ohio_Green_Thumb
desert_gardenerOriginal Author
rosemariero
desert_gardenerOriginal Author
desert_gardenerOriginal Author
Denise