Software
Houzz Logo Print
marklius

Dried shrimp to feed to nepenthes

17 years ago

Hi All -

I've got several Nepenthes...all of which except 1 I grow in the house. So they don't catch many bugs.

I know that food is not by any means the number 1 concern for growing CPs or even anywhere near the top. They are growing decently well and arent showing any "problems".

All that being said..I would like to give them some

vitamins". I have been raising crops of wingless fruit flies to give them, but to be honest...these little suckers are kind of a pain in the ass and I wouldn't at all mid giving them up.

are there any store bought products that you guys have seen work well for your plants?

I have used a few of the dried shrimps that are for my turtle reading that some people have found success with that, though i wonder how much nutrients are actually in them vs shell? Well, they seem to keep the turtle alive so I wouldn

t think they could be bad?

Would you guys recommend continuing to use the dried shrimp? Anything else out there better?

Thanks guys and good growing!

Mark

Comments (6)

Sponsored
Wannemacher Interiors
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Customized Award-Winning Interior Design Solutions in Franklin Cnty OH