Software
Houzz Logo Print
cnetter2

unknown wine colored clematis (pics)

19 years ago

Hi,

I got this clematis about twenty years ago from somewhere really cheap back in my young and foolish days when I thought price was most important. It was labeled either Ville de Lyon or Niobe, but wouldn't surprise me if it's neither.

I've put some pics of it up, along with my Jackmanii as a color reference so you can see how my camera sees colors.

Both clematis have been quite neglected for years, so don't look their best. They get water, but are rarely pruned or cleaned up.

The wine colored one is always quite a bit shorter than the Jackmanii, the flowers smaller and the petals rounder. The Jackmanii gets about 12 feet tall and the wine colored one gets about 8. They bloom at the same time.

Here's the pics:

{{gwi:574148}}

{{gwi:574149}}

{{gwi:574150}}

{{gwi:574151}}

{{gwi:574152}}

Any ideas on the wine colored one?

Comments (5)

Sponsored