My builder uses Houzz Pro to plan the timeline and give detailed estimates and daily updates with photos of progress, and provide invoices at pre-agreed key points in the build. This made the whole experience much more efficient and stress-free.
I have a thick inflorescence a few inches tall stuck between some leaves, and it hasn't done anything in a week. Are there any tricks to get it going? I don't want it to open until the stalk has gotten it out of the leaves. Joe
Heat and bright light are the enemies to stalk elongation. Anything you cna do to keep the plant cool and in the dark will help. Some use super phos fertilizer as well. Late blooms often times get stuck in the crown. Just the price we pay for a summer Clivia bloom. Good luck, Craig Sacramento, CA
I meant to thank you Craig. I reduced the light (couldn't do anything about the heat, but it was in Nova Scotia so that didn't really matter much) and voila! a nice long (and very thick) stalk. The flowers didn't open all at once, so I only got a few berries, but still nice. Thanks
craigr2006
winnjoeOriginal Author
Related Professionals
Middletown Landscape Architects & Landscape Designers · Rocky Mount Landscape Architects & Landscape Designers · Elmira Landscape Architects & Landscape Designers · Waycross Landscape Contractors · Nashville Landscape Contractors · Huntington Landscape Contractors · Burlington Landscape Contractors · Decatur Architects & Building Designers · Middletown Architects & Building Designers · Jacksonville Architects & Building Designers · Brunswick Architects & Building Designers · Branson Architects & Building Designers · Fort Wayne Architects & Building Designers · Saint George Architects & Building Designers · London Architects & Building Designers