Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mandarin_crazy

Mail order semi dwarf tango mandarin

mandarin_crazy
11 years ago

Hello! I'm a first time poster, but I've enjoyed reading and learning from all of you about citrus over the last 18 months. I've been trying to find a semi dwarf tango on the internet but so far I've been out of luck. There are a number of sites which sell dwarf tangos, but I'm really looking for a semi dwarf. Hoping to grow something a little less bushy. Four Winds Growers have received great reviews but they advertise that their citrus is "true" dwarf. However there are some inconsistencies on their site. Their "citrus variety info" page says that they grow to 6' in containers but between 8- 10' in the ground while their "in the ground" page says that their dwarfs will grow like a semi dwarf if planted in the ground to height of about 16'. Doesn't sound like a true dwarf, so maybe Four Winds is the way to go. So, does anyone have a different recommendation? Also, does anyone know what root stock Four Winds grows their mandarins on?

I've talked to a number of California growers that have semi dwarf tango but they sell only to commercial growers or retail nurseries, not individuals like me. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Comments (5)