Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hong2007

Floss Silk tree supprise :)

hong2007
15 years ago

A very nice person from Florida send me a Floss silk tree today. I posted a question but no body seem to know whose this person is, and I don't remember ordering a floss silk tree either.

Anyway, thank you so much to whose ever you are that send the plant, I really love it. I have been looking for this plant for couple of months now. This is so cool! I have never got anything like this before :) I love it!!!!!

Comments (30)

• luvmy3afhounds
    15 years ago

Hong, What a nice surprise you received! I had not heard of this tree so I googled it and it is not only beautiful, but very fascinating! Have you seen the puffs of cotton or silk like material that the pods produce? I hope it grows well for you and I was glad to learn about it!!!
    Joyce

Here is a link that might be useful: Floss Silk Tree

• hong2007
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Joyce, I saw this tree in North Hollywood when I went to look at a college campus there. It was in bloom and it was breath taking.The one I recieved is a seedling about foot half tall, I will baby it until spring before I plant it in the ground. I love this plant, I wish I know who send it.

• lopaka_mikale
    15 years ago

that is such a nice gift. Somebody is paying attention to your wants. Hope you find out who, soon.

Bob

• givelittle_getlots
    15 years ago

Honglee you know I thought maybe I had forgotten to order the SS box gift hahaha until I said to myself go check lol.
    But you look way to young to have that problem rofl.

Hope you find all your answers and it sounds like a nice tree just from the name alone.

Lucy

• hong2007
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Lucy
    I pretty sure I didn't. It came without an envoice. Although, it was thoughfully very well packed.

• chena
    15 years ago

I love a good Mystery...lol Wonder who your SS is???
    Kylie

• lopaka_mikale
    15 years ago

Two other Florida folks are Bri and Lenette. Have you checked with them?

Bob

• fool4flowers
    15 years ago

Hong, I discovered your plant was sent by your secret santa but that is not all of it the rest will come later.

• Central_Cali369
    15 years ago

That is a really cool tree Hong. Just one tip, plant it in a well-drained site. I had one that rotted from our winter rains. It is a really fast grower through if you give it lots of water and fertilizer in the summer. I had a seedling (about one foot tall) that grew to over six feet in just one summer. Also, if any of you might want one of those, zone9tropicals.com has them for a good price.

• givelittle_getlots
    15 years ago

Kristy now HOW do you know all those things? lol

Lucy

• hong2007
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Yeah Kristy, how do you know that? the return add named David Malowe Smittys. I don't think I see that name before. I hate mystery!

• luvmy3afhounds
    15 years ago

Maybe Kristy is Hong's SS????!!!

• givelittle_getlots
    15 years ago

hong lol..... Thank goodness for internet shopping. I even used to shop at target from germany for my grandkids and had it delievered right to them from the store. Was great. Saved me a LOT of money since I did not had to have it send to me first and then back to the states.

Honglee is that helping a bit? ;-)

Lucy

• wildflower
    15 years ago

What a cool tree! I see it's related to the kapok. There used to be a restaurant in Clearwater FL called the Kapok Tree Inn. Their tree was HUGE!

Hmmmm, maybe Kristy will come back on here with more info....

• maemae0312
    15 years ago

shhh!!!! I told yall not to tell!!!!

Mary

• fool4flowers
    15 years ago

Ok, let me help you out. Your secret santa told me they had the tree sent to you so you would have something to cheer you up since you had been feeling depressed lately until they can get your other package to you with the rest of the secret santa goodies. Hope that helps, lol. You will be getting another package soon.

• hong2007
    Original Author
    15 years ago

They? I have more than one SS? or just Mrs and Mr Santa?
    OK Kristy, are you and Jonh my SS? I love my tree, it is a great gift, you don't have to send me anything else. I will name it the Kristy tree.

• givelittle_getlots
    15 years ago

• hong2007
    Original Author
    15 years ago

givelittle_getlots, You have got to show me how to post these cool looking animated stuff!!!

• sultry_jasmine_nights (Florida-9a-ish)
    15 years ago

Someone please fess up and put this poor girl out of her misery.... ROTFLMAO!!!

• fool4flowers
    15 years ago

Patience is a virtue Hong. Glad you like your tree, lol. The rest is going to be there soon.

• givelittle_getlots
    15 years ago

Honglee I go to here : http://www.glitter-graphics.com/gallery.php?tags=dancing+smiley find what I need by typing it into the search window. Then you click on it. Scroll down to : Copy this HTML code to your (myspace) profile or website and do that. Then copy it into the Message window here and you got the animation you want to use showing up here.

Kristy I betcha this is making you feel a LOT better real fast ....are you smiling a lot today? lol

I am :-)

Lucy

• hong2007
    Original Author
    15 years ago

like this?

• givelittle_getlots
    15 years ago

you did it!!! See how easy it is :-)

Now if figuring out who your SS is, would be as easy...now that would be great. I figured it out already...lol

Lucy

• hong2007
    Original Author
    15 years ago
  • givelittle_getlots
    15 years ago
  • gardenpaw
    15 years ago

Hong, What a great SS you have!
    That was so nice!!!

Karen

• bri_fl
    15 years ago

That is such a cool tree, My dad has a huge one and there is one downtown from me that is 3 feet around, I swear, and I just know that that person has no idea what it is!
    Congrats Hong!

• fool4flowers
    15 years ago

Lol, I'm glad it cheered you up Hong. Hated to make you wait for the whole thing til I feel better. Now you know you still have something to look forward to.

• hong2007
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Kristy, you don't have to send me anything else. That tree is a wonderful gift. Your thoughtfulness makes that tree more special to me than anything else. Thank you so much.

Sponsored
Bella Casa LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars17 Reviews
The Leading Interior Design Studio in Franklin County