Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
loremd

Need help diagnosing apricot tree's problem

loremd
9 years ago

First of all, I'm completely new with trying to grow citrus trees and have been scouring the internet to learn about them for months now. I also live in MD.

I planted a bare root apricot tree 2 months ago in a 20 gallon container using 5:3:1 pine bark mulch to peat to perlite. I had kept it indoors originally but based on advice here decided to move it out onto my deck 2 weeks ago. I knew I had to slowly adjust the plants to the heat but I think the first day I left it out too long (2 hours) and all the branches and leaves sagged down as they are in the picture. The shoots at the end of the branches all turned brown and died.

Since then it's basically been leave tree in the sun for a couple hours, then move it to a shady spot then repeat a bit longer each day. As soon as the sun hits it, it looks like the pictures. At the end of the day it looks a little better but branches stay saggy. Next day cycle repeats.

I have a couple of apple trees in the same pots/soil that are doing relatively well in comparison and have been caring for them the same.

Thanks in advance!

Comments (4)