Software
Houzz Logo Print
blondiesc

Claire de Lune - Isn't she beautiful?

18 years ago

Got this at the Bluestone sale from summer 2007. I'm loving her. Second bloom this season and gets prettier each time.

{{gwi:61186}}

Comments (18)

  • 18 years ago

    Clematis "Claire de Lune" is one of my MOST favourite..but then tons of them are...She does extremely well in less sun than others here in my Texas Zone of 8B...yours is a stunning example..congrats...Jeanne

  • 18 years ago

    TRULY STUNNING! Â;) Thanks for sharing!

  • 18 years ago

    Gorgeous! Isss'nnnt she lovvvv'a''llly....NICE! Thank you! I loved meeting her!

  • 18 years ago

    Claire de Lune is on my want list.

    Your gorgeous photo makes me want it even more.

  • 18 years ago

    Thanks everyone, I knew you would love her!

  • 18 years ago

    She is gorgeous. I bought one last year from wHITE fLOWER farm catalogue and planted it in good conditions, sun, shaded feet. I water her, she's got a trellis....and her growth has been sub par. My other clematis do fine, and have done fine this year. ANy suggestions?
    Nancy

  • 18 years ago

    Being a pruning group 2..she takes longer to get established..I have mine in part sun because she fades otherwise..remember year 3 is magical so keep doing what you are doing..I hard pruned mine for the first two years to help her get well established...Jeanne

  • 18 years ago

    In a word, Yes - she is really beautiful.
    kay

  • 18 years ago

    Do you fertilize? If so when and with what?
    Thanks,
    Nancy

  • 18 years ago

    Nancy...you can fertilize with either Rose or Tomato Fertilizer..you want one that has a higher middle number the "P" on the N-P-K ratio which is usually shown on the container...I love using 10-10-10 as well because it is balanced and feeds all parts of your plant...Fertilizing should be done at the same time you prune in Spring or the same time you fertilize your Roses...the main thing to always remember is to NEVER fertilize once you see your vines setting flowerbuds for IF you do...that wonderful 6 week period of blooms will be reduced to a mere 2 weeks..if only rushes their bloom period...I don't fertilize as much as I have in the past because my soil is much richer now with my yearly regime of adding 2-4 inches of compost on top of last years mulch and then putting down new mulch..so I have the organisms actively breaking down the old stuff into food for my plants...Jeanne

  • 18 years ago

    Jeanne:
    Thank you so much. I'll wait 'til the spring and fertilize!
    Nancy

  • 18 years ago

    Yes, indeed, absolutely gorgeous! I'd love to be able to try that in my garden but I think I'll wait to see how others I've not long planted perform. Blondiesc, if it's not too much trouble, how did you manage to post a picture on the page? I use to be able to through (I think) Photobucket but the last time I tried it wouldn't work.

  • 18 years ago

    Funnelweb, I used Photobucket to post. Alot of trial and error but finally got the hang of it. Choose the photo then scroll to the bottom of the screen and click on Generate HTML & JMG Code. That will take you to a page with numerous options, choose the second one. You will want to hilite and click copy. Then go to Gardenweb. Click paste in the area where you are typing your message. You should see your photo when you click to preview your message.

    One other thing, you may need to resize your photo in Photobucket. The photo I posted was resized to 639 x 479.

    Good luck. Can't wait to see your pics.

  • 18 years ago

    Thank you Blondiesc, as you'll see from my posting I finally worked it out. Gees, and you did say the picture would appear when I clicked 'preview my message' Sometimes I could knock meself on the head! I kept trying and trying cause I couldn't see the picture and, of course, wouldn't until I previewed. Thanks a lot for your directions.

  • 18 years ago

    Gosh, I just got my clematis order in the mail and I was considering adding this one, now I wish I had.
    I might just have to place another order :)

    Melissa

  • 18 years ago

    {{gwi:609299}}

    {{gwi:609302}}

    Here is mine in it's third year. It's also in a part shade area. It was really slow the first year, but once it got going....WOW!

  • 18 years ago

    Wanda - Wow! Looks like I've got a lot to look forward to next year. Thanks for sharing! Just curious --- Did you prune after the first bloom this year?

  • 18 years ago

    No, I didn't, but I should have. I got a little lazy.

    wanda

Sponsored
Franklin County's Heavy Timber Specialists | Best of Houzz 2020!