Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
miss_amber

Areca Fern - Step by Step guide needed for a newbie.

Miss_Amber
12 years ago

Hello!

I am looking for some serious help as I seem to be a helpless, worthless plant person! I love them, but they don't love me. No matter how much I read and try replicate the care and attention.

Quick story: I bought my Areca fern 1,3 yrs ago, it then lived and grew beautifully until last few months where it was dying slowly and now i have two barely-living stalks.

Given it's spring and I wanted my Areca to make the bedroom beautiful again, I bought a new one. It's about 160cm tall, and very, very full of beautiful healthy light green leaves. I am about to repot it into a big pot (it's still in the shop one), but I would LOVE help on that as well as future maintenance to avoid the same ending.

What I have: Arecca.

What I want: I have a 50cmx50cm pot and fresh soil to be used for repotting into. The pot has a bottom hole for any excess water.

The plant lives in the bedroom where there will be no direct sunlight at any point (north) but its not dark, it's airy and light, by the windows.

I want to know how to.... water it, fertilise it, look after it.. Basically anything that perhaps I was doing wrong to kill my first arecca.

Please help.. any questions- ask :-)))

The Arecca fern is this http://www.levnekvetinace.cz/foto/katalog/arecca(1).jpg

Amber

Comments (4)

Sponsored