Software
Houzz Logo Print
jhudson

King size bed

14 years ago
I was wanting to get a king size memory foam bed and a platform similar to this one. But wasn't sure on the mattress thickness. I really like this over all thickness. Can any one tell me a good height to go with and still be comfortable? Thank you
Bed 02865 · More Info

Comments (4)

  • 14 years ago
    I love the way memory foam feels. However, I was totally not prepared for how HOT it was. I thought this would be a good choice for a much older person that needs the warmth but.... if you live in a southern area be cautious.. and honestly, my experience was a few years ago. Perhaps they have made improvements so this is not much of a problem now. I just don't want you to spend big $$$ and be disappointed.
  • PRO
    14 years ago
    I agree! Sometimes it can. But im always cold. I have a king size right now 8inches thick, but its to hard for my partner. She sleeps on her side. I sleep on my back so it very comfortable, but we both have to be comfortable. So i have to up grade to a 10" mattress. And im thinking were going to lose the lowprofile look when i get a platform. Any ideas.
  • 14 years ago
    I wonder if you could do two different single beds on your king size platform, actually. That way you each get what you want. You would adjust firmness with the type of mattress, keeping them both the same thickness for appearances? I dunno, it's just an idea off the top of my head. An unusual one at that, to my knowledge.
  • 14 years ago
    I wonder how the mattresses are that have the separate adjustments for each side?