Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
cullen73

WANTED: Incense

cullen73
20 years ago

I want to learn to make my own incense. Does anyone know the procress and is willing to share that information with me.

Thanks

Comments (3)

• roblkey
    20 years ago

I have no clue, but I did a goggle search on making incense. Here is one of the links. Good luck.
    Robin

Here is a link that might be useful: http://www.botanical.com/botanical/incense.html

• dahlea
    20 years ago

It is very easy, I make my own stick incense. The process is the same though for stick or cone. All you need is blank incense sticks (or cones!), DPG (dipropylene glycol, very cheap on the internet), and fragrance/essential oils. For 100 sticks, you use 1 oz of DPG to 1 oz. of FO/EO. Soak your sticks overnight (use a cookie sheet or something with sides) Then leave outside in the sun to dry. Or if it's too cold out for that, you can stick them in a pan of *CLEAN* kitty litter and let dry that way. Hope this helps

• heidibird
    20 years ago

I had to smile when I read the way "clean" was spelled out in caps. I do know some folks who might have skipped over that part otherwise...in fact some people I see every day in my office. LOL
    ~Heidi