Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
organic_kitten

Friday's Finest

organic_kitten
10 years ago

Still new ones opening up, and some favorites shaping up.

A very large bloom, Wilkerson's Bright Eyed and Bush Tailed:

Spacecoast Brazen Bandit:

Think it's the last bloom on Spacecoast Devil's Eye:

Size counts, another very big bloom:

Half Moon Key:

Spacecoast Dream Catcher:

Kansas City Kicker:

Wispy Rays:

Channel Cat VErnon:

Shake The Mountain:

Clown Parade:

kay

Comments (15)

• jkayd_il5
    10 years ago

Love that Clown Parade.

• marricgardens
    10 years ago

I agree that Clown Parade is a real eye catcher. I also like the first one Wilkersons Bright Eyed and Bushy Tailed and Spacecoast Devil's Eye, love the colors of that one. Marg

• kathy9norcal
    10 years ago

All beautiful! Love the colors.

• avedon_gw
    10 years ago

They are fine, too. Love Nan Wilkerson's Bright Eyed and Bushy Tailed. Spacecoast Dream Catcher is nice and so is Clown Parade. Avedon

• User
    10 years ago

I love your spacecoat Brazen Bandit - very nice!

• shive
    10 years ago

You saved the best for last - Clown Parade gets my vote again today.

Debra

• jean_ar
    10 years ago

Kay; You certainly got some beauties, today, so pretty.I love the colors on the first one,bright eyes and bushy tail> what a name for a flower.cant pick a favorite one as I just love all of them, really like that size counts, so pretty,Clowns parade is a beauty,today, also.you just got tons of beauties blooming.

jean

• mantis__oh
    10 years ago

Half Moon Key is my fave. Good clear color and I'm partial to bitones.

• Julia WV (6b)
    10 years ago

I also love Half Moon Key and your Clown Parade is just wonderful.
    Spacecoast Dream Catcher has a nice color. I don't have alot of luck here with Spacecoast daylilies and the few I have left are the best ones that do well here. Your climate is probably more suited to them.

Julia

• houstmag
    10 years ago

I agree with everyone Clown Parade is my favorite to though SP Dream Catcher is looking great to. How does Channel Cat Vernon do for you. I had it but it died on me.
    Linda

• organic_kitten
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thank you so much for looking. I am having far and away the most trouble with slugs and thrips I have ever had. I've sprayed three times for thrips and put out two different snail baits to little avail. Also, I have blooms in the foliage that have never been in the foliage. I am blaming the repeated freeze, very warm, freeze, very warm...and the repeated killing of dormants and biting back of other greenery for it. what do you think?

Clown Parade is blooming in it's usual height and is not much loved by thrips or slugs, thank goodness. I think I will have to divide it after this year.

Mantis and Julia, Half Moon Key is another beauty that the critters don't bother. It was one of the first daylilies I bought, and it will always have a place in my garden. It has never had that "muddy" look you sometimes see.

Marric, Avedon, and Jean, that was the first ever bloom on Bright eyed and Busy Tailed, and I too really like it. The name amused me, Jean, since it is an expression I remember my mother and grandmother using.

Linda, Channel Cat Vernon has done beautifully for me. Multiplied well. I'm surprised it died for you, but occasionally one does die. I haven't lost any new ones since I began starting them all in pots first, but I know the voles had taken a few established ones before I discovered Castor Oil runs them away.

Thank you all for looking and commenting.
    kay

• celeste/NH
    10 years ago

Kay, these are all so pretty! The first one is really eyecatching, and as I scrolled down I realized they all are! But by far that Clown Parade takes the prize!!! I have seen you post it in the past and I always consider it a favorite. Do you recall where you got it? I am crazy for bicolors. And it always seems to grow well for you.

Slugs have been bad here too. Last year I tried several different things (Sluggo, beer in shallow containers, etc.) and didn't notice a change so I'm just waiting it out. There was some spring sickness too but everything should bounce back.

Celeste

• mizellie
    10 years ago

Ummm, I like KCK and Clown Parade is really shaping up! You have lots of pretties...Ellie

• flowergirl929
    10 years ago

great pictures!

• organic_kitten
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thank you so much. Celeste, I bought Clown Parade from Bob Selman, the hybridizer. (Blueridge) It has been an excellent bloomer, the thrips do not bother it, and the slugs haven't troubled it either, so far.

Thanks, Ellie. I am at the point of posting about a fourth of the pics I take now.

Thank you flowergirl. thanks heavens for digital cameras.
    kay

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths