Software
Houzz Logo Print
mblon

I love the shingle stain. Would you mind sharing the color/type? Thanks!

14 years ago
Custom Homes · More Info

Comments (5)

  • PRO
    14 years ago
    This is actually not a stain, they are red cedar shingles and look a bit darker I think due to the damp day, they were newly installed in this photo and have greyed a bit since then... here is a more recent photo...
  • 12 years ago
    I know you said these shingles were not stained, but were they pre-dipped in a bleaching oil? Even in the more recent picture, the color still looks good!
  • PRO
    12 years ago
    These are pre-dipped in a clear coat finish - bleaching oil would create a lighter overall look and we typically use bleaching oil on white cedar rather than red cedar as most clients who select the red cedar like the red color. see this discussion for an example of one of projects that used Bleaching oil: https://www.houzz.com/discussions/cedar-siding-dsvw-vd~435793
  • 12 years ago
    Thank you!
  • 12 years ago
    Thank you! Do you happen to know if siding was western red? Or eastern red?