Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
esh_ga

HAVE: Roswell Spring Trade May 14th

Iris GW
13 years ago

So far I have non-native Japanese roof iris (not sure yet if it is purple or white) and non-native variegated solomon's seal (good shade plant). Obviously both of these are GOOD spreaders - most trade plants are!

Have all sorts of natives for trade - small trees and perennials mostly, a few shrubs. Ask if you're looking for something, otherwise I will post a list as I figure out what I have.

Comments (56)

• garischa
    13 years ago

See below for a link to my plants for trade. I can provide more detailed photos, if you are interested in something specific. I moved last year, so there are several plants that lost their tags in the process. For example, I most likely won't know the bloom color of the columbines, unless they bloom this year and I mark them. Same goes for the helleborus.

I am looking for:
    ferns
    elephant ears (preferably purple/black)
    foxgloves
    hollyhocks
    maybe sedums

Open to suggestions.
    Thanks.
    Uli

Here is a link that might be useful: Uli's Plants for Trade

• natalie4b
    13 years ago

Uli,
    I have some baby foxgloves (volunteers), several sedums. When you come - I can dig up some for you, if those are the kind you would want (sedums).

• amybabyboy3
    13 years ago

My husband and I would love to come to the plant trade, we have not been for probably three or more years but it was so much fun. Is anyone invited? If so, we will be there and I will get together a list of what I can bring? Thank you, Amy

• natalie4b
    13 years ago

Amy, you and your husband are most welcome to come. Post a list of your "haves" and "wants", come and have fun!

• amybabyboy3
    13 years ago

Natalie, Thank you I am so excited! I will work on my list. Amy

• natalie4b
    13 years ago

Potting plants!

• amybabyboy3
    13 years ago

so far I have crocosmia-orangish red, lavender obedient plant, fushia rose campion, bronze fennel, tradescantia flower and yarrow not sure of color

• natalie4b
    13 years ago

I have TONS of Chrysanthemum Sheffield (pink/peach mums) - will pot some, and if anyone wants more - they are very easy to pull. I will provide carrying bags.
    In fact, if you guys see anything you like in my garden - you are welcome to take cuttings or divisions, unless plants were planted recently and are still very young to be divided yet. I will have tools for digging and cutting available.
    Natalie

• girlgroupgirl
    13 years ago

Uli, so far I have not seen my elephant ears! I don't know if they survived this winter. If I see any, and we're coming, I'll bring them with me.
    I've not yet tried to talk my hubby into the ride to Roswell yet....

If we're coming I will have some:
    orange button chrysanthemums
    yellow button chrysanthemums
    black gamecock Louisianna irises
    tall black eyed susans (these bloom later than 'regular' BES and have very long stems for cutting. Typically called "Sweet" BES.
    Elizabeth campanula which SPREAD and spread rapidly so I will not bring any unless someone specifically wants some
    plumb dwarf bearded irises
    cut leaf coneflower (spreads, native) if anyone wants it
    tons of blue "spiderwort" tradescantia if anyone wants it.
    possibly some annuals like zinnias etc.
    Salvia black and Blue if anyone wants it

I'll probably know better by the end of this weekend if I can make it on the 14th...

• pam_3
    13 years ago

GGG, if you come, I would like some Black Gamecock La iris, please.

This is what I will probably have. I'll add on if I dig up more:

Black Eyed Susans (esh thinks it's Rudbeckia hirta)
    orange Crocosmia
    Clethra alnifolia "Ruby Spice"
    Salvia "Black and Blue"
    Goldenrod "Fireworks"
    white Yarrow
    tall yellow Iris (not sure which kind)
    Japanese roof iris
    hardy geranium
    Siberian Iris

That's all I can think of at the moment.

• vroomp
    13 years ago

I don't think I can make it. I will only have just returned from PR on the 11th and plan on being worn out. Hope everyone has fun!
    {{gwi:795275}}

• botanicat
    13 years ago

I will have to miss this one due to a family event in south Georgia that weekend. And I had lots to bring, too.

• girlgroupgirl
    13 years ago

Sorry, I'm just not going to be able to make this trade!! I hope you have a wonderful time!

• faeriegardenmum zone 6
    13 years ago

Is anyone still interested in coming to Adairsville this Sat? I am leaving IL this am. I've had a great time with my kids. I'm exhausted and won't really be able to do much planing til Fri. Anyone can e-mail me, rather than me checking here. Thanks, Lorinda

• frannyflowers
    13 years ago

I'm having trouble with email not getting through and/or going to a spam folder. Not sure if it's gardenweb only or a gmail problem. But if anyone has emailed me and I didn't respond it's because I didn't get it!

• frannyflowers
    13 years ago

Hope everyone made it through the storms ok!

Lorinda, I'm going to the Native Plant sale on Saturday but if the trade is in the afternoon I could make it. But if you have too much going on or if there aren't enough folks able to attend, don't feel obligated. From your posts, you sound like you have a lot going on. I feel your overwhelm! I'm moving a huge flower garden from my front yard to my back and have bitten off a lot more than I realized! I emailed you but I got an error message so I think gardenweb email might be messed up.

If anyone needs to email me directly my gmail address is the same as my username.

• lucyatlanta
    13 years ago

Hi Natalie,
    I am planning to be at the trade ...thanks so much for hosting. Everyone will enjoy seeing your beautiful garden!

Below is what I have to bring and my wants. If anyone wants to do a pre-arranged trade just let me know. Otherwise I'll show up with what I have. --Lucy

HAVE
    Sedums - Autumn Joy + a smaller variety
    Ferns
    Hosta
    Hellebores orientalis
    Orange Crocosmia
    Mint
    Red Ginger Lily
    Lemon Verbena

A few other things

WANTS:
    Grandis Begonia
    Cosmos
    Alstromeria
    Daphne odora
    Hardy Geranium
    Toad Lilly
    Bleeding Heart
    Heuchara
    Coreopsis
    Phlox subulata
    Yarrow

• frannyflowers
    13 years ago

Hi Natalie, thanks for hosting! I will bring a dessert, probably cream cheese brownies if that's ok.

Lucy, I would love hellebores and hosta. I have early sunrise coreopsis I could trade and let me know if there's anything else on my list you are interested in.

I have:

Double white shasta daisy
    Becky daisy
    White bearded iris
    Bee balm
    Orange crocosmia
    Mint
    Orange ditch lily
    Stella De Oro Daylily

and probably a few other things I will post later.

• natalie4b
    13 years ago

So many great plants for trade - I am getting more and more excited! Was potting various plants today, and feeling so appreciative to life.

Look forward to seeing all of you - whether you have plants for sharing or not - come, lets spend time together, talk flowers, trees, herbs, eat, have some tea, enjoy each others company.

I am thrilled to host!

Frannyflowers, any kind of desert would be wonderful - thank you. I will provide lasagna, plates, cups, silverware, tea, coffee and music.

Everyone, feel free to bring any kind of food, snacks, fruit, veggies. I will e-mail my address, phone number and directions later on.

Have a great weekend!

~Natalie

• vnginger
    13 years ago

Hi everyone-

I can't come but will pickup/ drop off.

I am looking for veggies. Strawberries / fruit. hollyhocks foxgloves
    Decorative potato vines, magnolia(really want one;) ), and double brugs.

Frannyflowers- I am in interested in Your list below. I'll post what I have below. Plz lmk if u want to trade.
    Double white shasta daisy
    Becky daisy
    White bearded iris
    Bee balm Orange crocosmia

Lucy, can I trade w/u Id like red ginger lilies and hellebores. Plz look at my list below.

Esh_ga- I'd love solomon's seal& digitalis. Plz see my list below

• pam_3
    13 years ago

Weird. I thought I posted a reply on here. Lucy, I can bring you Toad lily, geranium, and maybe a little heuchera. Not sure about that one, tho.

• vnginger
    13 years ago

Pam, for some reason the system won't let u reply twice in a row. That might be why.

I am also looking for Rhodadendron & azaleas & Knockout roses

I have�
    Forsythia
    Tall purple asters
    Hot pink four o'clock�
    Ajuga�
    Purple Siberian iris�
    Wild ginger�
    Yellow LA Iris�
    Purple asters - small flowers. - spreads & showy when bloom�
    Red leave canna lilies�
    Canna lilies - red or yellow ( mixed up)�
    Climbing fern�
    Orange impatience - reseeds profusely!�
    Black eyed susan�
    Orange trumpet vine�
    Morning glory seedlings (pink purple mixed)�
    Wisteria- purple�
    Japanese wisteria - smaller flowers
    small sedum

I'll look for more things.

• lucyatlanta
    13 years ago

Franny, thanks for the coreopsis, I will bring you hellebores and hosta. I would love a double white shasta daisy or a bee balm.

vnginger -- I will bring the ginger lillies and hellebores. I would love to have a forsythia and tall purple aster.

Pam - thanks for the offer. Is there anything I can bring for you?

Natalie, I will bring something for the potluck but not sure what yet.

Looking forward to seeing everyone. --Lucy

• redscooter
    13 years ago

I am planning to attend so please send me directions when you send them out. Will post what I have to bring soon. Will also bring something for lunch.

• natalie4b
    13 years ago

Will do, redscooter.

• vnginger
    12 years ago

lucy,
    i have lots of forsythias. do you want more than one?

• natalie4b
    12 years ago

Roswell Spring Trade 2011 is scheduled for May 14th, Saturday at 11 am.

Feel free to bring whatever plants/seeds/rooted cuttings/garden tools/ornaments/books/magazines and anything related to gardening you wish to trade. We will be having potluck lunch afterwards, so bring food you like for sharing. Kitchen will be available for re-heating. Plates, cups, napkins, silverware, coffee, tea, milk, sugar, lasagna will be provided, as well as the opportunity to re-heat whatever food you bring, if it is necessary. We do not keep the "diet" sweeteners or drinks (soda, etc), so feel free to bring those.

In a few days I will send e-mails to everyone via GardenWeb - please make sure your e-mail address is listed and unblocked (double-check your member page on GW). If for some reason you do not get my e-mail with address, phone number - you can e-mail me personally (yahoo dot com is attached to my GW name. Mention your name and your GW name). Please do not share my personal information.

Make sure you make arrangements for pre-trades with each other (if so desire), bring your plants marked with as much info as possible (common name, botanical name name, height, color, sun/shade/soil/water requirements, etc). You can set them up on a front yard patio - I will allocate specific areas for trees, herbs, perennials, annuals, shade, sun, etc. The rest of the plants will be "free for all", and we will share those at around 11:30am.

We have an indoor/outdoor cat - for those of you with allergies. He spends most of his time outside guarding the gardens.

We are in a subdivision, and our HOA is a little ... temperamental :), so please park along the sidewalks and do not block driveways.

Any questions - post them here. I will be checking this site regularly.

Look forward to having a great time with all of you!

• amybabyboy3
    12 years ago

Natalie,
    I am planning on bringing a salad and rolls if that works for you.

I also have:
    purple hyacinth bean seedlings only about 4in
    burgundy daylily
    lavender obedient plant
    fushia rose campion
    tradescantia flower
    yarrow not sure of color
    red leaved canna lily
    may have bronze fennel (husband mowed over it will have to check
    hoping to find more we just moved and I need to dig from the old house

• natalie4b
    12 years ago

Amybabyboy, salad and rolls would be perfect! I wanted to send you directions to my home, but your e-mail address is not available on your GW page.

• amybabyboy3
    12 years ago

My email address is
    amybabyboy3@netzero.com
    Thank you, Amy

• Iris GW
    Original Author
    12 years ago

vnginger - I will certainly bring you some solomon's seal and penstemon digitalis. I would love to trade for some asters.

• natalie4b
    12 years ago

The directions to my house and phone numbers have been e-mailed. If you wish to participate in a trade on May 14th and have not received my e-mail - please let me know, and I will re-send it.
    Have a great Mother's Day everyone!

~Natalie

• lucyatlanta
    12 years ago

Vnginger,
    If you have extra Forsythias I would love to have a 2-3. There is a lot of space to fill and I love seeing them bloom so I know that Spring is here. Thanks. -Lucy

• amybabyboy3
    12 years ago

Lucy,
    Can I trade you yarrow for red ginger?

I also have a few green elephant ears, fushia and yellow 4 oclocks and green leave canna unsure of color and the daylily is called decatur burgundy daylily that I listed earlier, just found the tag. I dont have the fennel anymore my husband killed it-sorry.

Please let me know if anyone wants to trade. More things are listed in earlier posting. Thank you, Amy

• lucyatlanta
    12 years ago

Amy,
    That sounds good. I'll bring you a couple of red ginger lilies. -Lucy

• faeriegardenmum zone 6
    12 years ago

There is a slim chance I can come, crazy schedule here, and,working around a trip out West to see old friends, he has ALS, and is failing fast. Having trouble pinning it down, was supposed to leave the 15th.
    I really would love to have the:
    burgundy daylily-Amy
    any ginger lily-Lucy
    have daylilies: many other colors to trade: red, mauve, creamy dreamy, cool whip, several pink or peachy to deep orange, most with light or dark water marks, or bright yellow eyes. only problem is ID, took pics last year, so will have to wait til blooming.
    blackberry lilies from last years trade
    Black scallop Ajuga-just a little to spare, prolific spreader/bloomer-Love it,
    also another very small ajuga name?
    Geyser white guara-huge 3'+ mounding, prolific, long, all season bloomer-good seeder, great for dry sunny spot
    Netty's pride Asiatic lily- smaller, creamy tips deep burgundy center, very prized.
    I go south often enough to meet anyone near Harry's or Barrett Pkwy.
    Surely there is more I would love to have, and maybe if I get more of what is sitting in pots already planted, I will get permission to come. Being the addicted, obsessive gardener that I am, my hubby has started a little intervention. I even got some from my 93 yr old Aunt in WI, she gave it to my over the phone. For anyone who does not know; I have had multiple, serious, spinal surgeries, and many more pending. I just can't quit the gardening abuse to my body, it's a really crazy relationship.

• frannyflowers
    12 years ago

Lucy, thanks for the hellebores and hosta. I will bring you coreopsis, double white shasta daisy and bee balm.

Vnginger, I will bring you Double white shasta daisy, Becky daisy, White bearded iris and purple bee balm. I dug up and potted some crocosmia but it's not looking good. If it recovers I will bring you that too. I would love Japanese wisteria, orange trumpet vine and black eyed Susan.

Two more additions to my list of HAVES:

Pink obedient plant (spreads fast)
    Sedum

• amybabyboy3
    12 years ago

Lucy, Thank you!

Organic gardenhag- will bring you the decatur burgundy daylily would love to try your white guara, I have lots of dry sunny spots where that could go.

Let me know if any one else wants to trade? Thank you, Amy

• natalie4b
    12 years ago

I believe everyone who expressed desire to be at the trade was sent e-mail to. If you have not received it, please let me know.
    Thanks!
    ~Natalie

• natalie4b
    12 years ago

It might be sprinkling on Saturday, so bring an umbrella or raincoat just in case.
    Look forward to seeing you all!
    ~Natalie

• vnginger
    12 years ago

i will drop off trades today for the people below. Please leave yours at Natailie's & I'll pick them up next week. THanks for the trade.
    lucyatlanta: 3 forsythias & tall asters
    frannyflower: jap Wisteria, orange trupmpet, black eyed susan
    esh_ga asters

Thanks
    I am still looking for knockout roses if anyone wants to trade. thanks.

• natalie4b
    12 years ago

Vnginger, I have strawberries for you. And if you are interested in KO rose cuttings (single and double) - be my guest! I will see you sometime today.
    Natalie

• lucyatlanta
    12 years ago

Organic Gardening Hag....I will bring you a Ginger lily. I would love to have your Asiatic Lilly. Hope you make it. Lucy

• vnginger
    12 years ago

Natalie, your yard is gorgeous!!! Thanks for hosting.

• Iris GW
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Natalie - thank you for hosting. What a fun time it was and your garden IS gorgeous. Truly an inspiration in color and variety.

• natalie4b
    12 years ago

I want to thank everyone who participated in a trade today - it was wonderful seeing familiar faces and meeting new members.
    Look forward to planting flowers, shrubs and trees shared by you - they will be loved and well taken care of in their new home.

Vnginger and Organic_Gardenhag - there are some plants left for you from prearranged trades. I will keep them watered till you can pick them up.

If any of the plants you adapted from my garden don't make it - feel free to come by and get a replacement.

Once again - thank you for coming - it was a real joy!

~Natalie

• faeriegardenmum zone 6
    12 years ago

Dear Garden Girlfriends;
    I am so sorry and dissappointed that I was unable to make it. Time did get away from me, did not realize it til around 2 this aft. I apologize for not letting you all know. I will back from CA in about a week.
    Natalie, I will let you know when I am headed that way, soon after that.
    Lucy and Amy- I hope to be able to also meet you, or drop off the trade plants. Thank you so much, Lorinda

• amybabyboy3
    12 years ago

Natalie,
    Thank you so much for a wonderful afternoon. We had a great time and enjoyed meeting you and all the other sweet ladies. Your yard is spectacular and definitely an imspiration! Thank you so much for sharing your garden with us. Amy and Mark

• natalie4b
    12 years ago

Amy, you are most welcome! Glad you and Mark could make it. I love my flower earrings!! Do you make those?
    It was wonderful sharing lunch with everyone - thank you for bringing delicious food and your "plant wisdom".
    Esh, now I know how to pronounce "thyme" correctly :).
    ~Natalie

• amybabyboy3
    12 years ago

Natalie,
    I am glad that you like them, I did make them. My plants are are snug in their new home and I am hoping they grow like yours have. I just had such a good time Saturday! Thank you again for everything, Amy

Sponsored