My builder uses Houzz Pro to plan the timeline and give detailed estimates and daily updates with photos of progress, and provide invoices at pre-agreed key points in the build. This made the whole experience much more efficient and stress-free.
Does anyone grow this plant? Have you got experiences, wisdom, you could share with me as I've just obtained a tuber and it seems to be starting to shoot. I have read it's used as a spice in Malaysia, has anyone here grown there own for eating?
Actually I've heard that out in some of the outer reaches of civilization (from someone who actually met people who use it this way)they make little slices in their foreheads and then rub the pulp of the roots in the wounds, as a hallucinogenic. I guess some peole will try just about anything.... I just grow it because it's pretty. Remember don't water in winter when it's dormant and when it's up in growing just keep moderately moist. Liz
Hi thornyissue, thanks for the links. I am growing it and it seems to be doing fairly well. The plant likes warm humid conditions, lots of water in the growing season and free daining rich soil. I grow mine in a large pot so I can look after it. It goes dormant over winter dying right back to the ground every year. The most important thing is not to water it (or very little water) when it is in its dormant phase otherwise the tubers will rot. I lost one plant like this already and will take more care to keep the pot dry this winter.
birdlady_liz
thornyissue
Related Professionals
Ocala Landscape Architects & Landscape Designers · Savannah Landscape Architects & Landscape Designers · California Landscape Architects & Landscape Designers · Petersburg Landscape Architects & Landscape Designers · Newark Landscape Architects & Landscape Designers · Redding Landscape Architects & Landscape Designers · Portland Landscape Architects & Landscape Designers · Cincinnati Landscape Contractors · Anderson Landscape Contractors · Traverse City Landscape Contractors · Providence Landscape Contractors · Monroe Landscape Contractors · Cheyenne Landscape Contractors · Dalton Architects & Building Designers · Muncie Architects & Building DesignersJamus_SOriginal Author