My builder uses Houzz Pro to plan the timeline and give detailed estimates and daily updates with photos of progress, and provide invoices at pre-agreed key points in the build. This made the whole experience much more efficient and stress-free.
i have a bamburanta that looks as tho it must be in the ginger family. i am unable to locate any info on the care of this plant. any help would be greatly appreciated!
What you most likely have is Boesenbergia pandurata. It is a nice ginger and is often grown in Asia for culinary and medicinal purposes. I haven't tried growing it myself so I don't know what the cold tolerance for it is. I'll let people more experienced with growing it fill in the rest. Otherwise look on the web using the name I gave you for more info.
oops, I should have googled it first, its a genus in the marantaceae. I've never come across one as far as I know, but its definitely not a ginger, though closely related.
Looks like you are right Tim on both counts. I had forgotten about the synonomy issue until you reminded me.
The Marantaceae has a ton of genera with strange names that no one has ever heard of. But in this case I think Bamburanta is probably not accepted any more. I see references to it being either a Ctenanthe or a Trachyphrynium but I don't have the time to really track down this name and what we should call it now (I'm leaving for a month in Europe tomorrow). A quick search of Kew Record indicates no one has used this name in the past 30 years in a scientific journal (at least in the title, abstract, or key words).
Mantisia
TimChapman
Related Professionals
Sebring Landscape Architects & Landscape Designers · Brunswick Landscape Architects & Landscape Designers · Jacksonville Landscape Contractors · Sarasota Landscape Contractors · Topeka Landscape Contractors · Austin Landscape Contractors · Grand Rapids Landscape Contractors · Lake Havasu City Landscape Contractors · Clearlake Landscape Contractors · Fort Myers Architects & Building Designers · Atlanta Architects & Building Designers · New Orleans Architects & Building Designers · Fresno Architects & Building Designers · Gillette Architects & Building Designers · Kahului Architects & Building DesignersTimChapman
Mantisia
LisaCLV