Software
Houzz Logo Print
homernoy

Hedychium 'Tara' fragrance

21 years ago

I have had Hedychium gardnarianum growing in my yard for some time now, and I just love it. The only problem I have is it blooms late in the season. Hearing about Hedychium 'tara' for a years now, I have finally found ready to bloom plants with many stalks, in 5 gallon containers. I purchased two. My question and concern really is; do these plants have fragrance? That is the main reason I enjoy H. gardarianum so much. There are many conflicting reports on the web, and I would just like to hear from anyone growing this plant personaly, if there is any fragrance at all on your plant. I would love any other comments on how much, or little for that matter you enjoy this plant, and for what reasons. Mine will be in full sun, but does anyone grow it in partial shade?

Thank You.

-Brian

Comments (3)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Remodeling Company in New Albany, Ohio