kabby_z8

Hedychium Beni Oran

kabby_z8

I got this hedy a few yrs ago in a trade. The only info I could ever find on the name was from Aloha Tropicals and the description was totally different. I decided to order it for a comparison and guess what? The plant is exactly the same and still not comparable to the description offered. Emails for an explanation went unanswered.

Dave has a Beni ORAIN at his site, definitely not what I have. It is fragrant, 5 ft tall for me in less than optimum conditions. It does not bloom all at once like Tac Moto and Kahili. Any ideas?

{{gwi:844525}}
{{gwi:844528}}

• bihai

The only thing I can say about ALoha Tropicals is, I have gotten so many mis-labeled plants from them in the past that I finally stopped ordering from them. I am not familiar with H. Beni Oran but whatever you have is very nice.

• raregingers

I have this hybrid in spike right now. I'll see what mine looks like when it's fully open and let you know if it's similar. I have it from two different sources and the one I have blooming now is from the second source not Aloha.

• kabby_z8

Thanks Scott, I look forward to the comparison.

• Dallin Woolstenhulme

That's interesting you mention receiving mislabeled plants from Aloha. I ordered a Passiflora Nephrodes from them and what they sent me turned out to be a Passiflor Foetida. I emailed them about it and they said that's what it was conveyed to them as, and that they would update their website with the correct information. It still hasn't been updated. lol

VA, MD, DC Custom Cabinet & Closet Solutions