My builder uses Houzz Pro to plan the timeline and give detailed estimates and daily updates with photos of progress, and provide invoices at pre-agreed key points in the build. This made the whole experience much more efficient and stress-free.
A friend brought this Curcuma in from Thailand and I have been unable to find a name. I showed it to Anders Lindstrom from Nong Nooch and he told me it was an as yet unidentified species, but was common in the trade in Thailand. I was hoping somebody would at least have a common name for it. I have to call it SOMETHING. It's pictured on p. 81 of the Thai curcuma book, so I've been referring to it as "page eighty one". ;-)
There is a white one that looks a lot like that which I have which I bought as "Chiang Mai Pricness white". There is also a "Chiang Mai Princess" Pink and a Rose. That may or may not be what you have...but it IS very common in the trade in Thailand
We have a white C. alismatifolia called 'Chiang Mai White' (there is also a dark reddish purple one that is 'Chiang Mai Ruby', not to be confused with 'Siam Ruby', which is C. sparganifolia), and C. thorellii is 'Chiang Mai Snow'. And then there's Zingiber citriodora 'Chiang Mai Princess' to add to the confusion...
I was hoping for something a bit more distinctive. I showed the picture to Tim and he thought it might be what Tom Wood is calling Band of Gold, but none of us (my husband included) are really crazy about that name either, even though it does have that little yellow stripe on the lip. At least it doesn't have "Chiang Mai" in it though. ;-)
BTW, the foliage gives off a really nice sweet, spicy, almost citrussy fragrance when you brush against it, stronger than any curcuma I've come across. Kind of reminds me of nutgrass, if you know what that smells like. Makes me wonder if the rhizome is ever used for anything.
bihai
LisaCLVOriginal Author
Related Professionals
Houma Landscape Architects & Landscape Designers · Athens Landscape Architects & Landscape Designers · Dayton Landscape Architects & Landscape Designers · Bartlesville Landscape Architects & Landscape Designers · Florence Landscape Architects & Landscape Designers · Fargo Landscape Architects & Landscape Designers · Edmonton Landscape Architects & Landscape Designers · London Landscape Architects & Landscape Designers · Wilmington Landscape Contractors · Jamestown Landscape Contractors · Mountain Home Architects & Building Designers · Oxford Architects & Building Designers · Newburyport Architects & Building Designers · Winona Architects & Building Designers · Kingman Architects & Building Designers