Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
dredawg5000

Rain everywhere except here

dredawg5000
17 years ago

all the rain in the metro area....but not a single drop in Mableton, Cobb County.....#$@@%@#!!!!

Comments (19)

• quirkyquercus
    17 years ago

I'm sorry to hear that. I know that feeling and it totally stinks.

• razorback33
    17 years ago

I've experienced that frustration numerous times this summer. I did receive a brief shower last night, only the third or fourth shower since early May. Total rainfall here in nearly three months has been less than two inches. A friend, living only two miles down the road, has received more than three times that amount. Luck of the draw, I suppose.
    Rb

• squirrellypete
    17 years ago

I feel your pain dredawg. I had been watching that radar all day and saw all those red and green storm cells heading straight for us. The sky got as dark and ominous as an Alabama thunderstorm gets here yesterday and the county storm sirens went off. I was 100% certain that we were going to get drenched. Fierce lightening, thunder, black clouds as far as the eye could see, heavy wind, some faint sprinkles and then......ZIP!!! And it wasn't that the storm passed by too quickly either. That huge black cloud front stayed overhead for a couple of hours!

I just couldn't believe a storm that nasty couldn't spare a little moisture for my yard. Guess I know what I'll be spending my time doing today (grumble, grumble).

Squirrellypete

• Jayman_GA
    17 years ago

We have had a slow steady rain all day here in Columbus. I don't know when the last time we had this kind of rain was. I am so glad for it.

Jayman

• efam
    17 years ago

We got some on Saturday, but we really need more. I saw my first butterfly in months in my yard and there is nothing for him...the butterfly garden I planted in the spring is barely holding on for dear life.
    Pray for more!!!

• dredawg5000
    Original Author
    17 years ago

WOW! I finally got some rain...and I am very thankful. Rained earler this evening for about an hour...a good hard rain for about 30 mins....then slow and steady for another 30 mins!

• holton
    17 years ago

Yes it looked like Cobb county got it last night. Here in Stone Mtn it has been all around with plenty of thunder and lightening and just a few drops......

• lindabeth1
    17 years ago

It poured for 2 hours at our daughters house in West Cobb; but we did not get a single drop here in Roswell!!!No fair!

• Iris GW
    17 years ago

None last night in SE Cherokee, but got some tonight! Hope Roswell did too.

• GAAlan
    17 years ago

I went to Callaway Gardens on the 30th and upon arriving it was absolutely pouring rain there. The downpour continued for several hours after I got there too. It appeared as though it had been raining like that, a long time before I got there. Huge puddles and rivers of water were everywhere. I haven't seen it rain that much anywhere in a long time. Of course once I got home and checked, it had not rained a drop here!! I had 0.74" on the 29th, which was the single biggest rainfall in all of July for me. I have had 2.27" of rain since June 26.

• gmom74
    17 years ago

Esh, we got a little rain at our house in Roswell yesterday. I can do without the lightning but at least the air cooled down and we could breathe outside.

• vicki7
    17 years ago

It rained here in Buford late yesterday afternoon for about 20 minutes. One of those hard, run-off types. But, hey, I'll take it. What I would LOVE to see is an all night steady rain! Even my grass is dying.

• buford
    17 years ago

Heavy rain in Buford tonight. Lots of thunder and lightening. Even the cats are hiding.

• dredawg5000
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Well were getting another good shower here...finally....hopefully it will rain for at least an hour!!!!

• GAAlan
    17 years ago

Quite a show here from about 4:30-5:30 but with only 0.37" rain. There was a lot of thunder and frequent cloud to ground lightning with gusty winds. I visit a weather forum and someone in Chatsworth reported 2.30" rain with pea size hail.

• dredawg5000
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Think most of us in the North Ga/atlanta area got a pretty good soaking to day....at least i did in Mableton, Cobb County. Its suppose to rain agin Tuesday...keeping my fingers crossed

• quirkyquercus
    17 years ago

Not here in Buford. Not a single drop.
    I turned on CNN and they were talking about airport delays and all kinds of weather warnings for Atlanta and I looked out the window and thought.... hmm that figures.

• buford
    17 years ago

Yup, the only thing raining here in Buford is apparently Meth Amphetimine!

My co workers in Woodstock got inches of rain, we got a bunch of wind, that's all.

• quirkyquercus
    17 years ago

It is?
    I haven't tuned into the news yesterday but I don't see meth amphetimines raining down ;-) Did I miss something?

Sponsored