Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
carolinam_gw

Lemon grass and chocolate mint.

carolinam
14 years ago

Looking for lemon grass, chocolate mint, and sage seeds! Let me know if you want to trade.

Comments (5)

• fatamorgana2121
    14 years ago

If I recall correctly, chocolate mint is one of the peppermints and peppermint does not come true to seed. You'll have best success with a chocolate mint plant than any seed that you can get to sprout from it. Search this group for "peppermint seed" for more.

FataMorgana

• ltcollins1949
    14 years ago

That's what I've always heard about the mints too. Best to go ahead and buy a plant.

Regarding the lemon grass seeds, I still have quite a few that I'll be glad to send you. No need for a trade. However, I have never tried to propagate them from seed, but it is my understanding that they are easily propagated from seed. Let me know if you want them.

Are you talking about Salvia officinalis Garden Sage? I don't have any of that, but I might have some S. elegans Pineapple Sage seeds.

• maifleur01
    14 years ago

I have found for lemon grass it is less time consuming to watch in the produce section of your grocery for fresh lemon grass. Look for a piece that has some of the root attached and plant that in a pot. After a couple of weeks the stalk will start sending out roots. I believe Rene's Seeds did have lemon grass seeds in there line last year so you could look at their rack at your local nursery. Not all racks contain the same seeds. I have never had any luck with the seeded ones but my cats love to clean their gums on the leaves during the winter months.

You can put the plant in the garden if and when it becomes warm remembering to bring some in when it becomes colder later in the year.

• cyrus_gardner
    14 years ago

I second.
    I did that last year and grew lots of them.
    I am hoping that some of last years will come up.
    If didn't, I can do it again. it is very easy. The trick is that the ones you are trying to root have root bulbd.

• reyna1
    11 years ago

I have chocolate mint rootings if you'd like to trade. I'd recommend getting a bunch of lemon grass at an Asian store and just putting them in water for a couple of days to root. I did that and have several that are rooted. They bunch up together like nuisance grass so I don't know if they'd separate we'll.

Let me know if you'd like to trade via email.
    Danny

Sponsored