Software
Houzz Logo Print
buttons70

what color stain

14 years ago
Living Stone Construction, Inc. · More Info

Comments (4)

  • PRO
    14 years ago
    The porch flooring, and the handrails, are IPE. They are sealed with a penefin oil so there is no need for a stain.
  • 13 years ago
    How often do you need to re-apply the penefin oil? I'm about to install an Ipe floor in a covered screened porch in GA very similar to yours but am curious about the maintenance, thanks.
  • 13 years ago
    Thank you so much for responding to my question regarding this beautiful porch you created..I can't begin to tell you how excited I am that you responded because I have been searching and searching for wood like this that offers durability and beauty!!! I can now begin more front balcony porch project:)!!! Thank you so much for taking the time to respond and if I lived close to you, I'd completely call you for the job:) But I'm in KY. Beautiful craftsmanship!!:)
  • 13 years ago
    Is IPE inexpensive? Better than composite?