Software
Houzz Logo Print
juliede

Painted floor!

14 years ago
I have a spare room that had old carpet I removed and I am saving money to put wood floors in - until then I have painted the floor. I love how it turned out. Still a work in progress.

Comments (3)

  • 14 years ago
    Wow.. I had no idea you could just paint a floor! What kind of floor was under the carpet? I mean, is it concrete? Or something else? I know you can stain concrete (which is what this kinda looks like, except this is more of a matte finish) but I didn't know you could paint it! It looks good & a great solution until you can do the floors you want. (We just recently pulled up all the carpet in our little house & had the wood floors (which were fortunately already under the carpet) restored. It's amazing what a change in a floor will do for a house! Thanks for the pics! :)
  • 14 years ago
    last modified: 14 years ago
    One more thing, I love how it looks with the dark wood of your window. Who knows? Maybe you'll start a new (more budget-friendly) trend! :)
  • 14 years ago
    Hi Kenna, it was a slab of cement under the gross carpet. So I cleaned it and poured acid/etching solution on it so the paint would stick. Yes paint! Loved it. It is a way cheap solution while someone waits for nice tile or if it turns out nice, just leave it. :) Glad you had wood floors under your carpet. That is the best!!
Sponsored
Mary Shipley Interiors
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars34 Reviews
Columbus OH Premier Interior Designer 10x Best of Houzz