Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
eroctuse2

New Camera - New Photos

eroctuse2
15 years ago

I just got the new Canon XSi yesterday and thought I would share some of the photos I took in the garden. If you've been following the story, you know I've wanted a new camera for a long, long, long time. I'm more excited about it than you can imagine!

I missed our show by exactly one day, but I am far from complaining. My Mother helped me hugely in the purchase of this camera and I am incredibly grateful.

I'm still getting used to the feel and settings (used a dslr (someone else's - 3 or 4 shots) for the first time on Saturday), but I was still really impressed. It's feels so good to be limited by my own abilities and not my camera's anymore. I'll share more when I have time, but you can view what I've uploaded from yesterday here.

Brock

Sweet Geisha

{{gwi:1009961}}

Coffee Malt

{{gwi:1009963}}

Afternoon In Rio

{{gwi:1009965}}

Blue Fin

{{gwi:1009967}}

Lenten Prayer

{{gwi:1009969}}

Wild Frontier

{{gwi:1009971}}

Xanthippe's Halo

{{gwi:1009973}}

Comments (11)

• alisande
    15 years ago

Lovely photos of lovely irises. I ordered Blue Fin this year and am glad I did.

I know how exciting a new camera can be. You'll have fun with yours!

Susan

• randy_ca
    15 years ago

Good for you Brock.
    I've always enjoyed your photos and these last ones are crystal clear.
    Thanks for sharing the story.
    I'm excited for you.
    Randy

• gmason
    15 years ago

Beautiful. So glad for you with your new camera. Now you'll be tempted by all the megabuck lenses.

• alicia7b
    15 years ago

Congratulations on the camera, and beautiful pictures! Is the light early morning or late afternoon?

• iris_gal
    15 years ago

I'm thrilled you got the XSi - I can see it's doing an excellent job.

I thought you did a great job with your Panasonic also.

Do you notice color capture differences?

• terry94705
    15 years ago

Beautiful photos-- but yours always are! Hard to believe they can get better!

• eroctuse2
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thank-you everyone.

I've sometimes wondered if anyone was paying attention, but your response is moving.

I'm still getting a feel for it, but the XSi seems to be accurate for color capture. Strangely enough the color seems off to me on the lcd, but looks good on the pc. Some still don't seem perfect (such as 'Swingtown'). I don't know why I thought it would be a miracle device, but the color accuracy does seem better than my Panasonic. However that sounds, I'm not disappointed so far (and yes I have already been pricing lenses (even with $20 to my name)). :)

These were taken in the late afternoon (practically evening) with the WB set to sun, but I don't have enough of a feel for it to know if I should have used a different setting.

I'll be sure to let you know how my opinion progresses once the excitement has worn off a little.

Again, thank-you.

Brock

P.S. Is the new size alright? I decided to try going to 600 pixels for the maximum dimension, now that I have more pixels to work with.

P.P.S. I managed to take 697 photos on the first charge with this new battery. It supposedly lasts 1.5X longer than the XTi's battery. That's almost 700 photos, using live view for alot of them, and while learning the menu setup all on one charge! I can't believe how much fun this is.

• alicia7b
    15 years ago

The new size seems just right to me.

• minrose
    15 years ago

congrats on your new camera, nice photos.

• gingerbreadgirl
    15 years ago

Your pictures are so lovely. Your cat looks just like my "Ty Cuddles".

• mshadow
    15 years ago

Hurray! Glad you got your new camera. Beautiful pictures, and looking forward to many more!

Shadow

Sponsored
A.I.S. Renovations Ltd.
Average rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars15 Reviews
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County