Software
Houzz Logo Print
kelmcwalk_gw

Biologicals

22 years ago

I am curious if anyone has tried ant of the natural biological fungus for any fungal pathogens and if so what were the results? I am refering to ones such as Trichoderma harzianum or Trichoderma atroviride or Streptomicies, Thanks for any responses.

Kelly

Comments (5)

  • 22 years ago

    You are speaking of a new organic product known as RootShield which effectively controls botrytis, pythium type disease problems. The growers are raving about it. Any gardeners experiencing these types of problems should do a Search on RootShield and consider buying it. It is applied around the root zone when planting or sticking cuttings.
    Note: Cornmeal used as a fungicide does trigger growth of some of the beneficial trichoderma.

  • 22 years ago

    Thank you for replying, but no I wasn't speaking of only Root Shield which is Trichoderma harzianum, but of others too such as MycoStop which is a Streptomyces and Plant Helper which is a patented Trichoderma atrovirde. Do you know what crops they are using them on ( the growers that are raving)

  • 22 years ago

    As I understand the situation, some of these were developed by the Geneva Experiment Station which is a branch of Cornell. A highly reputable research institute. It is mostly the greenhouse growers of geraniums and other tender annuals who are raving about these products. However, I am also told that they may be used as a spray on mature plants/shrubs. If you are fighting any of the problems for which these new products were developed it certainly is worth giving them a try. They are considered organic. Beyond that I can't be of much help to you. Perhaps you should post your question on the Professional Forum where you may find some growers with experience in the subject.

  • 22 years ago

    Sorry for this question but...
    Would this product be effective on black knot fungal infections (Apiosporina morbosa)?

  • 19 years ago

    I have found on the internet that Trichoderma is an accelerator for compost decompostion.
    Does anyone know the process of multiplying this fungus.
    I have collected some Tichoderma harzianum from some decomposing wood from a forest near me. It is in the form of a white fungus in the wood.
    I would like to multiply the fungus so I could use it in my composting process.
    Now that I have the wood containing the Trichoderma, what would be the next step so I could have this in a liquid so I could bottle it and have it on hand?

Sponsored